[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Safety Specialist
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: South Boston, VA
Reports to: Plant Manager
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Safety Specialist works in harmony with the maintenance department, operations department, customer, and the PIC Group corporate management team. The Safety Specialist will coordinate activities between corporate personnel, contractors and plant personnel on matters pertaining to PIC Group’s implemented EHS program, policies, and procedures. The Safety Specialist will manage all activities associated with creating, reviewing, revising, and implementing safety policies and procedures at the plants to maintain compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations. Additional responsibilities shall include but not limited to, periodic inspections, training, and audits at the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead and manage plant compliance with PIC Group’s EHS program.
• Develop or support development of the plant processes and procedures to comply with the obligations of the project permits including Local, State and Federal regulations and ensure that the processes are fully implemented at the plant.
• Develop or support development and implementation of formal employee training regarding all PIC safety programs with an emphasis on hazard assessment, lockout/tagout, confined space entry, contractor safety, hot work, and permit to work.
• Manage recurring safety training requirements for plant staff and coordinate third party classroom training as needed.
• Champion PIC’s safety programs including PIC’s Employee Safety Observation and Near Miss programs.
• Coordinate regular periodic plant health & safety audits to ensure that the facilities are OSHA compliant; track identified corrective actions to closure.
• Utilize knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1910 to assist plant teams with health and safety compliance.
• Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries that occur at the facility in coordination with PIC Corporate including RCAs as applicable.
• Ensures routine safety files and records including work-related insurance information, claims, and data are maintained and sent to PIC Corporate HR.
• Work across departmental boundaries in support of safety compliance activities.
• The successful candidate should be able to read and understand corporate programs, policies, plant drawings, procedures, and instructions specific to the operation and maintenance of equipment.
• May be required to work extended hours including weekends and holidays, as necessary with the ability to handle quick changing situations under stress.
• Bending, sitting, and lifting as required as a function of the job.
• Regular walking across the plant, including up and down stairs.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Safety or equivalent required.
• 3+ years of experience in a Safety position preferably in the power industry required.
• Experience leading the development of Job Safety Analyses (JSAs) and lockout/tagout (LOTO) permitting.
• Experience leading investigations for any safety incidents including the development of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) reports.
• Experience providing safety compliance training in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to effectively organize and facilitate process teams to implement facility improvements.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
PIC Group, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted. PIC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.