[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Safety Specialist
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Sacramento, CA
Reports to: Plant Manager
PIC Group has an excellent opportunity in renewable energy for a Safety Specialist position that supports two (2) biomass sites located near Sacramento, CA. The Safety Specialist reports directly to the Plant Manager at each site, with functional reporting to the corporate Safety department. The Safety Specialist will support the implementation and oversight of safety programs and policies, maintaining compliance with all federal, state, and local health and safety regulations. The Safety Specialist will be involved with each site’s training and auditing, as well as any hazard identification and controls that are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops, implements, and continuously improves safety programs.
• Works collaboratively with leadership and employees to strengthen the company’s safety culture.
• Leads strategic safety initiatives between two facilities.
• Conducts site assessments and recommends solutions to address gaps.
• Works with leadership, ensuring compliance with regulations and alignment with company expectations.
• Creates and delivers safety-related reports and presentations.
• Develops and presents training and educational programs.
• Performs all other related duties as required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to positively influence and motivate all levels of personnel.
• Ability to work professionally and collaboratively interface with all colleagues.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a matrix organization where business leaders have equal organizational authority.
• Proven comprehension of occupational safety regulations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of electrical standards.
• Prior working experience with safety management systems
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software.
• Ability to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, and kneel.
• Ability to stand, walk, and sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Occasional exposure to wood dust particulate.
• Required to frequently lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds in weight.
• Vision requirements include the use of close, distance and peripheral vision, along with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Able to perform job duties in a field office shared by other site personnel, and an operating powerhouse that exhibits a loud noise level.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Occupational Safety or a closely related field
• 2+ years of practical experience in industrial safety, safety management systems, training, field/site safety auditing, project management, and hazard identification and control
Compensation range per year: $74,000 - $96,000
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.