[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Wind Technician needed located in Big Spring and Forsan, Texas! This is an awesome opportunity for seasoned wind professionals who are targeting a site position without travel.
The Wind Techs typically work from 7am-3:30pm with being on-call every 2-3 weeks where you would typically work 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday. There is projected to be 0-10 hours a week of overtime. The platforms are Siemens MK II (2.3MW) and Suzlon.
Compensation Structure: Hourly Rate + 6% bonus + Company Tools + Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Time Off, Safety Training with benefits day 1 of employment!
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Wind Technician is part of the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) team. They are responsible for assisting in the performance of wind turbine mechanical, hydraulic, and electric component maintenance. The primary objective is to maintain safe, effective, efficient, and profitable wind turbine operation.
• Follow safety procedures, observe safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment.
• Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch, variable speed wind turbines.
• Assist other sites with remote troubleshooting.
• Perform all mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical component maintenance, repair and replacement to correct malfunctions.
• Use electrical test equipment to assist in troubleshooting and testing.
• Help in all areas of site operations as directed by Site Supervisor and Site Manager with minimal supervision.
• Assist in the training and development of lower-level operation and maintenance personnel.
• Lead crews with direction from the Site Supervisor or Site Manager with minimal supervision.
• Documents all work performed, parts used and time spent using computer based service reporting procedures.
• Read and understand electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Operate and maintain a service vehicle.
• Maintain hand tools in good working order and well organized.
• Support the training and development of Tech I and Tech II's on-site.
• Safely perform LOTO and mentor lower level technicians in LOTO.
• Perform balance of plant and switch-yard work as required.
• 1-10+ years as a Wind Technician
• Siemens and/or Suzlon experience is highly preferred
• General knowledge/understanding of hydraulics
• Willingness to be on-call every 2-3 weeks
• Open to working 0-10 hours of overtime a week
• Ability to climb towers up to 300 feet without assistance
• High school diploma or GED
• Able to pass drug and background checks
• Associates Degree
• Troubleshoot and debug equipment
• Able to use Word and Excel