[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Gypsum, CO
Reports to: Plant Manager
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the ongoing maintenance requirements for a 12MW Biomass Power Plant using a 100,000PPH Wood-Fired Boiler System. The Maintenance Technician will also execute the facility's planned maintenance program, performance of unplanned and emergency maintenance activities, and support of normal plant operations as required for the plant equipment (i.e., lathe, welding machine, shop power tools, etc.) to ensure the equipment is in good working order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Maintenance Technician will perform day-to-day mechanical maintenance activities to maintain the facility equipment in a safe operating condition. Activities include disassembly and reassembly of equipment including the inspection of internal parts for wear, checking tolerances, and replacing parts as required.
• The Maintenance Technician will perform basic welding, machining, and pipefitting services.
• Perform preventive and minor maintenance on all plant equipment as required by the Plant Manager and in accordance with plant policy.
• Maintain plant logs for preventive maintenance and all other maintenance records in a professional manner.
• Assist in the supervision of maintenance activities of on-site personnel and contractors during extended outage periods.
• Keep tools, machines, and equipment in good working order and the maintenance area clean.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
• Responsible for operating a company vehicle.
• The successful candidate should be able to read and understand corporate programs, policies, procedures, and instructions.
• The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for understanding and complying with the plant lockout/tagout system, electrical safety, and other plant safety, regulatory, and operational procedures.
• Use of Computer Maintenance management System to track all work orders job completion, part orders and inventory
• Assist administrative personnel with the material management responsibilities
• Assist in the planning, scheduling, and conducting of preventive, corrective, and overhaul maintenance of all power plant equipment and associated plant equipment.
• Assisting with Boiler start-up, operation, and shutdown of plant as it pertains to job duties.
• Excellent communication, leadership, teamwork, and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Valid Driver License
Education / Experience:
• High school graduate
• Experience using basic hand tools and various shop/welding apparatus
• Experience in Balance of Plant systems start-up, operation, and shutdown as it pertains to job duties.
• Thorough knowledge of equipment isolation and tagging procedures.
• Experience responding to plant abnormal situations, alarms, and emergencies.
• Thorough knowledge of the location, purpose, and proper use of the plant safety equipment.
• Experience aligning, switching, isolating, and paralleling electrical equipment and systems under the direction of the Control Room Operator.
• Experience performing in-depth plant mechanical maintenance.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
$35-$42 per hr
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
*Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **