[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SITE MATERIAL SPECIALIST
HS International, LLC is recruiting for a client that is looking to hire a Site Material Specialist.
The roles entails the following key attributes:
-This role is with a premier solar EPC in the utility scale market. Their pipeline of projects is several GW per
year. A lot of growth opportunity in this role!
-The role is project based and will require relocating to a new project every 9-12 months (time depends on
project size and schedule).
-The position includes per diem and paid rotations home.
-Pay is $30-$35/hr plus opportunity for some over-time.
-Strong preference to candidates with similar experience.
The role of the Site Material Specialist (SMS) involves a comprehensive understanding of Procurement
and Material Management processes, with a focus on collaborating with multiple departments to support
material management tasks and site inventory control. Reporting to the Logistics Supervisor, the SMS will
work closely with site buyers, construction teams, vendors, owner representatives, and the Purchasing
Group. The SMS's objective is to address material requirements across various work disciplines and
ensure the availability of essential materials on-site to uphold the construction schedule.
• Develop and maintain an extensive comprehension of Procurement and Material Management
processes. Act as the primary connection between the site team and the Procurement team for
• Supervise global and domestic transportation logistics for materials destined for the project site.
Coordinate with shippers to ensure timely deliveries in alignment with construction schedules.
• Communicate with vendors, suppliers, and the construction team to manage delivery schedules
and address material-related concerns.
• Attain proficiency in utilizing different components of the Procurement module, including
Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Purchase Contracts, Owner Supplied, Receiving, and Reports.
• Possess strong expertise in inventory management, material tracking, and auditing.
• Aid in generating, processing, and gathering pertinent documentation for various Material
Receiving Reports, delivery projections, material inventory listings, and Warranty Claims, involving
stakeholders such as owners, construction teams, and logistics personnel.
• Provide guidance to Field Engineers and Project Administrative Assistants to facilitate the
processing and archiving of shipping documentation.
• Compile and distribute daily receiving and inventory reports to the project team. Update the
material tracker on a daily basis and furnish the team with necessary information.
• Collaborate with Safety, Compliance, and Quality teams to support construction activities on the
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the site
team, thereby enhancing the company's reputation. Assist the site management team in
embodying and promoting the company's values and culture while maintaining a professional
• Conduct weekly site visits to monitor inventory and identify potential instances of damaged,
surplus, or unusable material.
• Assist in the final stages of inventory recovery and the demobilization of the jobsite.
• Execute supplementary assignments as directed by the supervisor.
• Adept knowledge of Procurement and Material Management processes.
• Possession of a valid driver's license and an impeccable motor vehicle driving record (MVR).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook), as well as Visio.
• Effective communication skills encompassing verbal, written, and presentation abilities, along with
motivation, record-keeping, and supervisory acumen.
• Capability to organize and prioritize a multitude of tasks.
• Proficiency in delivering presentations to groups comprising 10 or more individuals.
• Anticipate Site Material Specialists to relocate to the project site for the entirety of each construction
assignment (average project duration of 6-9 months)