[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Maintenance Foreman
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Manchester, NH
Reports to: Plant Manager
PIC Group has an opportunity for a Maintenance Foreman to assist in supporting the maintenance system and equipment repair for multiple hydroelectric power plants within the New England operations area. The Maintenance Foreman will be responsible for managing targeted work scopes with associated equipment and assist in completing projects with onsite crews. The Maintenance Foreman will be responsible for continual review of the SMS / FiiX / Quick base system to capture overdue jobs, critical work items and unit outages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the assigned plants within the operating region.
• Be available for after-hour call outs, weekends, and holidays.
• Review maintenance records for individual sites to identify and address trending failures.
• Manage the proper recording of work scopes throughout the assigned region using FIIX.
• Develop, review, and implement maintenance schedules with Plant Manager, assuring all documentation is present and the proper data is collected and stored in the maintenance system (Fixx)
• Assist Plant Manager in initiating quotes or work orders with vendors to complete work scopes on time.
• Schedule and organize preventative maintenance and repairs on a wide variety of complex mechanical / electrical equipment.
• Assist with NH & MA generation forecasting.
• Assist with directing the day-to-day work activities of Hydro Technicians and contractors.
• Assist with training of and directing after-hour call ins for Hydro Technicians.
• Assist with activities such as annual maintenance tasks on turbines and fish lifts, debris removal, developing work scopes and station facilities upkeep.
• Review and address all overdue work items as indicated in SMS / Fiix.
• Complete assigned work scopes in a timely manner while maximizing internal resources.
• Work with vendors / 3rd party to plan and support upcoming work scopes.
• Work with New Hampshire Fish & Game and regulatory agencies on fish passage during the fish spawning season.
• Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on a wide variety of complex mechanical parts and equipment, including all aspects of the Lock-Out/Tag-Out process.
• Performs preventative maintenance on a variety of mechanical/electrical equipment.
• Work with 3rd party vendors to safely complete work scopes and ensure proper safe work practices and LOTO.
• Assist Plant Manager with directing emergency resources during dam safety or public safety events.
• Familiar with Microsoft, excel and projects.
• Extensive understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and controls
• Strong understanding of mechanical and electrical philosophy and systems as it relates to power generation facilities.
• Familiarity with Control systems and networking is a plus.
• Understanding of NFPA 70 and NETA guidelines is a plus.
• Ability to understand and manage computer-based maintenance systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions, perform basic math functions, climb, and work on structures or overwater, and work without supervision.
• Manual and finger dexterity.
• Ability to work from heights and in enclosed areas.
• Ability to lift 30+ pounds.
Education / Experience:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Associate degree or equivalent in Machine Tool Processes, Welding or other similar fields and the successful completion of any appropriate company assigned aptitude tests.
• 6+ years of experience managing power generation facilities or equipment.
PIC Group, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted. PIC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.