[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Engineer-Substation Lead, 15994
Duration: One Year Contract position (10/4/23-10/4/24)
Location: Remote or Juno Beach, FL
Our Engineering & Construction Business Unit is looking for a Senior Engineer – Substation Lead to join their team in Juno Beach, FL.
• All assigned substation projects from conception (Early Stage) through construction and commissioning (Execution).
• In the conceptual phase, you will work with the Early-Stage Project Manager to support the engineering requirements and scope with the Development Group. Projects can begin as FERC 1000 competitive transmission project proposals, or as greenfield projects for NEER affiliates (Lone Star, GridLiance, FPL).
• Training, due diligence, and technical oversight of external engineers of record (EOR) for all assigned substation projects to ensure compliance with required generation interconnection agreements, scope of work documents, project specifications, site specific design requirements, IEEE, NESC, ASCE and all other applicable industry codes and standards.
• Securing engineering consulting resources from a list of approved suppliers by developing a scope of work, securing bids, evaluating, and awarding work through NEER’s Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Group.
• Coordinate with other project stakeholders to develop and secure a substation site, support any engineering updates, data and permits necessary to design and build the substation.
• Coordinating the engineering deliverables in support of NEET’s FERC Order 1000 competitive request for proposals, as well as the design and construction of awarded projects. Deliverables include Scope of work documents, Issued for Bid, Issued for Procurement, Issued for Construction, design criteria and As-built drawings.
• Coordination with other groups to ensure that the assigned E&C substation projects are successful. Generally responsible for representing E&C’s internal and external interests on assigned projects, including presentations/briefing on current progress, issues, and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
• Support Transmission Services during review of interconnection documentation including system impact studies, facility studies, reactive and harmonic studies and Interconnection agreements and ensures that Transmission Owner requirements and E&C engineering design are consistent and in compliance with all ISO requirements and incorporated into the project design. Must be able to work with and communicate often to the respective transmission owners/operators/ISOs to ensure project deliverables will meet specific off-taker requirements, are timely and accurate.
• Manage all project long lead major material orders to minimize risk of delays or exceeding the project budget. Assists ISC with all substation project SOW creation, review, approval, and preparation of shopping carts for engineering services and materials in a timely manner.
• Works collaboratively with project engineering resources in various disciplines to determine project priorities, work plans and lines of demarcation.
• Ensures projects are efficiently, cost effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department process, procedures, industry standards and policies.
• Support assigned project commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives.
• Support Legal in any regulatory filings, depositions and/or hearings.
• Collaborate with component OEMs to enhance/adapt their designs to better integrate with NEER’s philosophies.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Mechanical or Civil/Structural Engineering is preferred. 5+ years' experience in Substation design and engineering of High Voltage substation projects is highly preferred. Project Engineering and/or Project Management experience with a strong bias for action. PMP and/or P.E. in related discipline is a plus.
Some travel required within North America.