[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Hydro Technician Level III
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Hailesboro, NY
Reports to: Site Supervisor
In this position the Hydro Technician III Level will complete the site training program and be capable of the independent operation of assigned hydro facility equipment such as turbines, pumps, valves, gates, fans, electrical control boards and battery banks. Monitor equipment operation and performance and make the necessary adjustments to ensure optimal performance. The Hydro Technician is responsible for the daily operation of assigned hydroelectric power plant facilities. Rotating, on-call responsibilities will be part of this position. The Hydro Technician III will work independently on the maintenance, operation, testing, installation and analysis of mechanical systems at hydro facilities. Under direction of the Site Supervisor will supervise and work with a crew engaged in performing mechanical maintenance and repair work on hydroelectric generating plant equipment; and to do other related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform the duties of the Hydro Tech Level I & II as required plus responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Plans, lays out, works on or supervises and inspects the work of a crew engaged in the maintenance and repair of large and complex equipment such as piping systems, gear boxes, drive mechanisms, pumps, compressors, hydraulic power and pressure units, valves, penstocks, gates, trash racks, turbines, motors, and generators.
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance task associated with protection schemes, monitoring and control equipment, communications and security systems, metering, sensors, switchyards, electronic and electromechanical equipment.
• Estimates the cost of repair work and advises in the selection of materials used.
• Demonstrates best methods of doing work and sees that work is done according to plan.
• Keeps accurate records and prepares reports on the maintenance of the hydro plant.
• Directs Hydro Technician levels I and II in the performance of Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures for the isolation of equipment.
• Makes field changes to mechanical equipment, document changes through mark ups on working blueprints
• Supervise the mechanical repair and maintenance activities performed by third party providers.
• Perform evaluation of equipment failures with other technicians and Site Supervisor for methods or procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
• Assist Site Supervisor in support of the CAPEX/OPEX budgeting process for the sites assigned
• Perform Dam Safety Inspections as required and interface with the site supervisor for any issues relevant to the implementation of any action and or repair plan.
• Develop and implement mechanical maintenance plans.
The successful candidate should be able to read and understand corporate programs, policies, procedures and instructions specific to the O&M Agreement. Qualifications must include the following:
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to understand procedures and instructions.
• Power generation experience required.
• Strong electrical and APO processor-based control background, strong rotating equipment experience, and an ability to use computer-based maintenance management systems (CMMS) and preventive/predictive maintenance tools desired.
• Excellent communication, leadership, motivational, and teamwork skills required.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
Work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Safety equipment including but not limited to; hard hat, safety glasses, work uniform, fall protection, life jacket, flash suits, insulated gloves, leather gloves, safety-toed boots, push-in ear protection, and cold weather gear shall be worn in the performance of these functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This could include, working in extreme heat or extreme cold conditions.
• The noise level in the environment is usually loud and requires the use of PPE.
Education / Experience:
• Associates Degree in Mechanical Technology or other post-secondary training with eight years of on the job experience performing mechanical maintenance and repair work.
• Hydroelectric Power Plant experience is a plus.
• Have a strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge in mechanical theory and troubleshooting techniques.
• Ability to read and understand, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and civil drawings, for the use of troubleshooting equipment.
• Ability to use mechanical testing and measuring equipment, such as gauges, dial indicators, calipers, micrometers.
• Able to perform welding, burning, cutting, and grinding as may be required.
• Ability to use appropriate electrical test equipment and tools to troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical equipment.
• Must possess a working Knowledge of programable logic control (PLC) devices, personal computers, mobile phones and associated hardware and software as used in control applications.
• Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and involve others in decisions when appropriate.
• Must possess a valid motor vehicle license.
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Safety and Health Awareness
• Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Willingness to work overtime when required.
• 5+ years of experience in power plant maintenance/operations.
At PIC Group, we value our employees and believe in fair compensation that reflects their skills and contributions. The pay scale for this position is carefully determined based on the expected range of base pay, taking into consideration the specific work location. Within this range, employee pay will be determined by a combination of factors such as knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, education, and overall performance. As this job posting is available in multiple locations, the expected pay scale may vary depending on the specific geographic area.
Compensation range per hour: $25 - $38
We take pride in offering a wide range of exceptional benefits to our valued team members. When you join our team, you'll gain access to top-notch medical, vision, and dental insurance plans, ensuring you and your loved ones receive the healthcare you deserve. Your future matters to us, which is why we provide a robust 401(k) plan, helping you secure financial stability for the years ahead. Embrace a fulfilling career with a company that prioritizes your health, happiness, and growth.
PIC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.