Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
• Work in a multi-discipline team environment to develop project design packages including drawings, specifications, and scopes of work.
• Design and create accurate, complete, detailed fabrication/construction drawings for buildings, structures, and components to develop civil and structural design packages.
• Develop estimates, scopes of work, design concepts, and supporting documentation for proposals.
• Provide field support during construction as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop 3D models and design drawings in either AutoCAD and/or SmartPlant 3D
• Develop civil/structural solutions in support of modernization programs
• Design structural elements and generate detailed fabrication drawings for bridges, platforms, foundations, steel and wood building framing, trusses, structural steel supports for equipment and piping, reinforced concrete supports, and concrete dikes
• Review and approve shop drawings
• Perform field survey of existing facilities for incorporation into design
• Ensure designs meet Engineering Standards, Safety Standards, and applicable codes
• Assist project team in developing bids, proposals, scopes of work, estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings, and other project documentation
• Develop site plans including grading, utilities, and erosion control measures
• Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverables in assigned areas of responsibility including verification of subcontractor work in accordance with Scope of Work
• Develop project bills of material
• Write Work Orders and Purchase Requests
• Coordinate work with subcontractors, maintenance, and/or construction firms
• Coordinate with Project Engineering, Process Engineering, Production, Safety, and Environmental
• Walk down systems and make any as-built changes to drawings
Required Education / Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED and 11 years relevant experience or Associate's Degree and 7 years experience or Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience
• Experience designing civil and structural systems for industrial plants
• Ability to develop accurate and detailed technical documents
• Proficient in 3D CAD tools (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and/or SmartPlant 3D)
• Proficient in Office Software
• Possess good verbal and written communications skills
• Be self-motivated with ability to work in team environment
Preferred Education / Experience:
• Experience designing for hazardous locations
• Industrial construction/field experience
• Associates or Technical Degree
74 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.