Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Koontz-Wagner - Caldwell
Materials Management Supervisor
Responsible to supervise and manage the planning and control of the functions supporting the complete cycle (flow) of materials and associated flow of information. These functions include procurement, shipping and receiving, inventory control, distribution, logistics and disposal.
* Monitor and direct work of materials management team; establish metrics, evaluate performance.
* Manage the procurement function to ensure lowest cost, best quality, and on time delivery of materials.
* Insure there is a breadth and depth of qualified vendors to support the site needs. Oversees the selection process for new vendors.
* Own all aspects of warehousing and material management including shipping and receiving, delivery, inventory accuracy, transactional quality, productivity, logistics and disposal.
* Responsible for inventory, operational targets including month end and quarter close processes for inventory. Understand project dimensions, weight and special requirements per regulations to forecast rigging workload internally for large shipments.
* Ensure accurate and accessible record keeping of all logistics activities.
* Coordinates all outgoing shipments to customers including specialty haulers, rigging requirements, shipping documents and necessary permits.
* Handle credits and damaged material returns.
* Obtain freight rate quotes and assign freight based on schedule limitations and total freight cost to assure savings for the company.
* Maintain and create Custom Controls visual scheduling boards. (Ex. Rigging forecast/bay layout/warehouse grid)
* Prepare all required shipping documents for project shipments based on project/customer purchase order requirements.
* Submit project shipping information via data entry into GE ILS system, SIEMENS logistics system or customer specific system, if freight is to be assigned to customer.
* Arrange shipping for projects that have short-shipped/NCR material and expedites if necessary.
* Initiates improvement projects that support the Project Managers.
* Meet customer schedules effectively through advanced planning and create ability to expedite shipments (inbound & outbound ) as required to meet deadlines.
* Ensure that materials management staff maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in all dealings with internal and external customers and outside suppliers.
* Accountable for SOX & Internal Policy compliance as it applies to Materials Management function.
* Participate as part of the leadership team for this facility.
* Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels
* Willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
* Able to direct and lead others, being fair and consistent.
* Coach & counsel direct reports and administering performance reviews, disciplinary actions, etc..
* Organizational abilities to track multiple projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
Education: Bachelorís Degree from accredited college or university (or High School/GED with a minimum of 4 additional years of experience in a material management or operations position)
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in a materials management, operations, inventory control or logistics role; preferably in a supervisory capacity.
Physical Requirements: Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
48 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.