Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Koontz-Wagner - Houston
Summary: This position is responsible for assisting engineers, drafting complete systems, conceiving and developing new project designs, and providing engineering support to manufacturing on existing projects.
* Prepare complete layout, schematics and wiring diagrams from basic design criteria in the electrical, electronic or mechanical field.
* Work from sketches, customer specifications or general instructions from project engineers.
* Make calculations, determine scales, insert reference points, prepare specifications, and contribute design modifications.
* Provide complete detailed drawings.
* Prepare customer manuals.
* Expedite drawings and BOMís through the proper internal channels.
* Enter time keeping schedules in Kronos.
* Correct daily punches as requested and prepare daily time entry uploads from Kronos to JDE.
* Prepare weekly batch spreadsheet to balance time entry.
* Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages.
* Ability to use ERP system such as JD Edwards, AS/400 or Epicor.
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
* Strong oral and written communication and analytical skills.
* Ability to analyze and organize data with an attention to detail
* Applies judgment effectively in problem solving; consults with others to make effective business decisions when necessary; utilizes broad experience and facts when decision time is limited.
* Sets rapport with cross functional teams and peers; builds trust by basing feedback on objective criteria rather than subjective judgment; always follows through on commitments, promises, agreements, and decisions.
* Ability to set priorities in an efficient and timely manner to meet essential job functions and provide attention to detail.
* Ability to meet simultaneous project deadlines; ability to maintain accurate and easily accessible records.
* Ability to exercise strong problem-solving skills and apply appropriate resolutions.
* Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
Education, Training & Certification: An associate degree in technical sciences or engineering is required. Associates Degree in Mechanical Drafting and Design preferred. Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in drafting.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
24 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.