Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: South Bend
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 46626
Koontz-Wagner - South Bend
This position is responsible for working in conjunction with the Estimating Manager and Sales to develop and submit proposals in response to requests for quotes (RFQs) received from existing or potential customers.
* Develop and submit proposals in response to requests for quotes.
* Define costs associated with engineering, production labor, materials, services, and equipment for use in developing proposals to customers.
* Estimate labor hours required on the job.
* Confirm final selling price with appropriate divisional personnel.
* Obtain material prices from suppliers.
* Prepare final bid documents and mail proposals.
* Review past work orders to obtain information for use in bidding future projects.
* Recommend improvements in estimating procedures contributing to the efficiency of the department.
* Maintain databases to facilitate the collection of data for estimates including continually updating material and labor costs.
Supervisory Responsibility: No
* Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to analyze and organize data with an attention to detail
* Working knowledge of IBI Power and Koontz-Wagner products and their related manufacturing processes.
* Thorough knowledge of fabrication processes, shop standards, and materials.
* Ability to read and interpret drawings and to understand customer specifications.
* Must have strong math and analytical skills.
* Estimating, drafting, technical, or project management background.
* Applies judgment effectively in problem solving; keeps subjective information to a minimum; consults with others to make effective business decisions when necessary; utilizes broad experience and facts when decision time is limited.
* Sets rapport with cross functional teams and peers; builds trust by basing feedback on objective criteria rather than subjective judgment
* Strong communication skills - oral and written
* Broad understanding of the company’s business and customer needs
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Must use resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to type on a keyboard.
* Ability to converse over a telephone.
Education, Training & Certification: Associates degree in drafting or technical degree or higher, required. Equivalent experience for education shall be at the discretion management.
Experience: 1 year estimating experience is preferred or 3 to 5 years in a related manufacturing position such as drafting, sales, or engineering. Experience in an electrical field and architectural or drafting experience, preferred.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
33 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.