Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 75089
1. Develop thorough technical knowledge of company represented and competitor equipment
2. Installation and start-up of new equipment; with responsibility for electrical components
of said equipment and installation. Final acceptance testing at customer site.
3. Preventative maintenance & inspection of equipment. Ordering of and replacement of
parts as necessary.
4. Emergency inspection & repair/maintenance of equipment.
5. Troubleshooting components/functions, equipment issues.
6. For unfamiliar repairs, work with phone guidance from company personnel or product
suppliers. Use the internet as necessary to find schematics, instructions, etc.
7. Interpret maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams. Use of standard test
instruments and hand tools required.
8. Preparation of parts and rework kits prior to shipment or travel to work site.
9. Equipment assembly work as needed.
10. Maintains and/or establishes professional customer relationships with appropriate
11. Maintain rigorous record of equipment problems/failures and service history.
12. Produce timely and accurate trip/expense reports following service calls.
13. Maintain cleanliness, interior and exterior, of company supplied vehicles.
14. Maintain accurate inventory of parts and equipment stored in company supplied vehicle.
15. Compliance with company standard operating and safety procedures.
16. 90-100% travel required, often on short notice.
1. May be required to train customer employees on applicable equipment.
2. May be required to operate a fork lift and similar equipment.
3. May be required to perform additional related duties assigned by service manager.
4. Performs assigned duties with minimum or no personal supervision from the manager.
5. Advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance and
suggestions for product improvements.
6. Reports potential product sales leads to management.
7. Initiate and close sales for parts, replacement parts and preventative maintenance.
1. High school, 2 year associate degree/four year’s bachelor preferred.
2. 2 years minimum experience in industrial and commercial electrical installations. Five
plus years preferred.
3. 2 years minimum experience in evaluation, troubleshooting and repair of motor and
4. Experience with bending and installation of rigid, IMC and EMT conduits.
5. Ability to perform load calculations for circuits and calculate working circuit ampacities
to determine proper conductor size
6. 3 Phase WYE and Delta experience required.
7. Experience in electrical panel building.
8. Experience with PLC operation required; familiarity with RS Logix and PLC programming
9. Working familiarity with current NEC regulations.
10. Knowledge and background in mechanical and plumbing systems.
11. Able to understand mechanical, electrical, and electronic/computer hardware
functionality and use knowledge to troubleshoot equipment.
12. Strong customer orientation.
13. Dependable and hands-on. Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, well
organized and detail oriented. Hard working, honest and ability to work effectively under
14. Understanding of the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goals.
15. Ability and willingness to learn the skills needed to become an experienced Field Service
16. Computer skills including experience with Microsoft office applications
17. Fluent in English with the ability to communicate effectively.
18. Ability to travel up 90-100% of work time.
19. Drivers license and excellent driving record required.
20. Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds; and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
21. Ability to work outside under various environmental conditions. Agility and ability to work
under physical conditions that may be rigorous and demanding.
71 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.