[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 519530
Posted By: Sirius Technical Services
Posted On: 2019-04-21 00:04:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: [Project Engineer] Manufacturing Project Engineer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 39401
Sirius Technical Services is seeking a Manufacturing Project Engineer in the Southern Mississippi area for a direct hire/permanent position.
Responsibilities include driving the preventative maintenance programs and equipment uptime goals to meet plant and departmental goals and objectives to support production schedules.
1. Analyze present manufacturing sequence of operations and suggest and implement changes in method, machines, or machine layout. These changes should reduce cost and/or improve product flow to assure maximum quantity and quality from production equipment.
2. Work to develop proficient technical knowledge on programming and support of CNC equipment, robotic systems, and automation used in the operations.
3. Setup new equipment and processes to effectively produce process capability requirements and, in turn, setting up control charts for critical operations to verify 100% conformance to meeting quality requirements.
4. Work with Operations and Quality on key issues with machining processes to understand root cause, develop and drive corrective actions, verify gains are held.
5. Works through receiving general direction but exercises discretion as to personal work details.
6. Drive improvements through effective capital planning, procurement, and implementation.
7. Work with Cross-functional groups to launch new products and processes in terms of tooling and fixturing changes coupled with new equipment needs supported by forecasted cost impacts.
8. Act as liaison between Design Engineering, Quality, and Production departments. Suggest and Drive changes in product design through use of data to support simplify manufacturing methods and/or reduce costs while maintaining Design Intent.
9. Work with other Engineers and Operations to develop strategies for Capital Planning Projects for Capacity, Quality, and Cost Reduction opportunities and provide effective verbal and written communication to justify.
10. Assist in the vendor selection process, request for quotation preparation, purchase order preparation and performance criteria development for equipment and tooling procurements.
11. Involved in or assisting with program changes on machines, including tooling/fixture designs, specifications, and procurement, as required, in the assigned area responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelorís degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology required.
Candidate must have at least 2 or more years of work experience in a technical and complex industry of manufacturing and/or machining components. Experience with machining cast iron or aluminum with precision tolerance in a high paced production environment preferred.
Experience with Machine design, tooling and fixturing design, CNC programming, and Fanuc Robotic systems is considered a plus. Experience with selecting, justifying, and procuring capital equipment along with successful production launch management a plus.
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or reach out directly for more information.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
12 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.