[Electrical Engineer] Direct Hire E/I Engineer
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Sirius Technical Services is seeking an E/I Engineer with Industrial/Plant experience for a Direct Hire position in the Hamilton, MS area.
Electrical Designer Job Description:
This position requires a degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field and one (1) to three (3) years of engineering experience at an industrial site. A thorough knowledge of plant operations, equipment and processes is required. The candidate should have direct experience with Plant Instrumentation, Motors and Motor Control, Power Circuits and Automated Controls including Field Instrumentation and PLC or DCS system troubleshooting, and experience in reading and interpreting Motor Elementary Drawings, Instrumentation Loop Sheets and One-Line Electrical Drawings. Knowledge and understanding of Arc Flash hazards is a must. Experience and expertise in Protective Relaying, Medium Voltage Breakers, Substation Transformers and Equipment and Variable Frequency Drives is preferred along with experience in editing PLC and DCS logic.
Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer Job Summary:
The focus is to improve the reliability of our electrical equipment by analyzing performance, reliability and maintenance data to eliminate unplanned outages and reduce the equipment life cycle costs. The incumbent will provide maintenance engineering support to include troubleshooting, developing and executing plans to address issues that may arise with electrical equipment and instrumentation.
Job Responsibilities of the E/I Engineer:
• Participate in developing plans and schedules for major outages.
• Support the maintenance supervisors, planners, and Instrument/Electrical Technicians with technical expertise and training to enable them to maintain, repair and improve the reliability of their electrical equipment.
• Analyze maintenance and operations data to minimize instrument-related maintenance costs, failures, manpower and downtime
• Design improvements to Instrument/Electrical components and equipment that contribute to process downtime.
• Identification of optimal control valves, flowmeters, transmitters and other instruments for continuous improvement of process monitoring and control.
• Review and interpret Motor Elementary Drawings, Instrumentation Loop Sheets and One-Line Electrical Drawings.
• Create and update 5-Year Plans for scheduled replacement of major electrical components and equipment.
• Review plant standards for electrical safety and electrical/instrumentation design and construction.
• Assist Instrument/Electrical technicians with troubleshooting of field instrumentation, electrical equipment and PLC/DCS components
• Perform Root Cause Analysis for repetitive and high lost-production failures.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Hannah Quinn for further consideration: Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.