[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SUMMARY: Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing assembly processes to ensure company production and quality standards are maintained. Contributes to the performance of the department by achieving all relevant KPI's. No direct supervisory duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Thorough understanding of assembly operations including tooling and fastening systems. General aviation piston engine assembly and test experience preferred but not required.
extensive experience in CNC programming in a production manufacturing environment, preferably with caste or forged products.
• Create detailed manufacturing work instructions.
• Evaluate processes and solicit feedback from production team members for continuous improvement initiatives.
• Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements and process flow.
• Design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Specify and confer with equipment vendors on equipment, materials, tooling, and gaging needed to perform operations.
• Evaluate products per design data and quality standards.
• Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Work with maintenance staff to troubleshoot production equipment issues.
• Train shop floor team members on production processes.
• Develop and identify continuous improvement opportunities in support of plant objectives and goals with an emphasis on Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Proficient with basic shop floor gaging methods.
• Self-directing with the ability to manage assigned projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work with and lead production and maintenance team members in assembly equipment troubleshooting and help drive corrective actions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering from a four-year college or university or 6 years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.