[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
Who Are We:
IMI is a leading provider of labor solutions and workforce management in the material handling sector. With 20 years in the industry, we have established ourselves in the industry by creating great relationships with both our employees and clients.
Our main goal is to provide hard-working individuals with great jobs for some of the most progressive material handling companies in the world – if you can think of a company, we’ve probably worked with them.
Not only has our company grown based on the great work our employees provide for our clients, but we are also always looking for innovative ways to make everyone’s job a little bit easier – whether that be through our developing artificial intelligence or what we offer our employees for their hard work.
We’re hoping you trust us with your career, as it’s just important to us as it is to you.
The Electrical Engineer reports directly to the Director of Engineering and functions as the key electrical technician responsible for integrating various hardware products and software packages. The Electrical Engineer is to be the main interface with IMI’s management and the vendors/ suppliers related to the electrical project. As well, the Electrical Engineer will be the client’s view into new and ongoing installations for electrical integrated systems and are responsible for the coordination, planning, and closing of the project once the team has secured the order.
As demand grows, the Electrical Engineer will need to organize, train, and lead supporting technicians/ electrical engineers to execute on delivering solutions to clients. Teams may require multiple technicians to deploy larger, multi-system solutions and will also support the mechanical installation team as required.
The Automation Group’s team (a subset of IMI) provides setup, deployment, and commissioning of preconfigured laser or image-based scanning solutions to logistic facilities. These systems are assembled by ID system manufacturers and delivered to client facilities throughout North America. These systems typically require on-site installation and support as related to the physical structure, scanning hardware, lighting, wiring, and software communication/programming.
You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Determine the client’s electrical requirements, design and propose solutions, commission the proposed solution and provide setup, deployment, and training at the client’s facilities as needed.
- Provide guidance to the client and management regarding electrical engineering efforts.
- Develop electrical solutions based on client’s and/or IMI’s defined requirements and scope.
- Work with IMI’s Client Management team and Installation team to identify the timing and deploy solutions as needed.
- Become the lead electrical engineering expert for Cognex Dataman products and third-party hardware and provide training and deployment support to Installation team as needed.
- Provide a site-specific execution plan and suggest (through demonstration) installation efficiency solutions to reduce the installation effort.
- Communicate critical electrical information and project status to IMI management, clients, and end-users on a regular basis.
- Acts as the IMI technical support expert in all areas of the electrical integration process.
- Responsible for documenting and reporting all modifications to system installs with regards to system setup (mechanical, electrical, programming, data formatting, etc.) or changes to system design while on site.
- Responsible for providing the best on-site client experience regarding electrical installation solutions as possible.
- Identifies individual training needs and process improvements needed in the installation execution.
We are looking for candidates who’ve attained a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and have a minimum of 1-3 years experience working in a fast-paced electrical engineering and/or supervisory role.
We Require the Following from You:
- Proficiency in engineering software, such as AutoCAD or MATLAB.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Flexible in terms of work hours, open to shifting schedules, extended work hours and working on holidays and weekends.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with clients, vendors, and team members.
- Effective time management and organizational skills that allows you to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle confidential and delicate client information.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as needed (valid passport and driver’s license required).
- Bi-lingual (English/ Spanish) is considered an asset.
Additional Job Details:
- Work Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- Permanent/ Fulltime Opportunity: Yes
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Travel Requirement: Moderate
- Training Provided: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
©2019 IMI – A Global People Company
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**