[Buyer] Senior Buyer
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
System One is currently seeking experienced Senior Buyers for direct hire positions in North Falmouth, MA. This is an excellent opportunity to have a career with an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of undersea technology products. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of experience in purchasing of materials and sourcing within a low volume, high mix highly engineered manufacturing environment, and experience with ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment. Fantastic benefits package, competitive pay, and relocation assistance is available. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply now for immediate consideration.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for negotiating and procuring materials, equipment, and supplies from approved suppliers, as well as identifying alternate sources of supply. This position relies on pre-established guidelines and instructions to perform the job. The successful candidate will function with minimal supervision using common procurement concepts, practices, and procedures through an official spend and approval matrix.
A Senior Buyer is expected to have a high degree of comprehension in MRP as well as one (1) or more procurement category or commodities. This position will also assist with the development and execution of strategic initiatives. This position reports into the Sr. Supply Chain/Planning Manager.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering.
• 5+ years of experience in the purchasing of materials and sourcing within a low volume, high mix highly engineered manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated excellence in negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results.