[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
Who Are We:
IMI is a leading provider of labor solutions and workforce management in the material handling sector. With 20 years in the industry, we have established ourselves in the industry by creating great relationships with both our employees and clients.
Our main goal is to provide hard-working individuals with great jobs for some of the most progressive material handling companies in the world – if you can think of a company, we’ve probably worked with them.
Not only has our company grown based on the great work our employees provide for our clients, but we are also always looking for innovative ways to make everyone’s job a little bit easier – whether that be through our developing artificial intelligence or what we offer our employees for their hard work.
We’re hoping you trust us with your career, as it’s just important to us as it is to you.
The Installation Manager position reports directly to the Director of Engineering and VP of Sales and functions as the primary communication conduit for the installation teams and IMI's clients. This position supports multiple clients, as well as multiple installation teams throughout the US and Canada. The Installation Manager is responsible for communicating and tracking the progress of various objectives and goals related to a client’s scanning/ ID system installation and project schedules.
The Automation Group’s team (a subset of IMI) provides setup, deployment and commissioning of preconfigured laser or image-based scanning solutions to logistic facilities. These systems are assembled by ID system manufacturers and delivered to client facilities throughout North America. These systems typically require on-site installation and support as related to the physical structure, scanning hardware, lighting, wiring, and software communication/programming.
You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Manage and communicate to the teams through the Field Service Managers, Team Leads, and/or Installation Technicians with regular status meetings.
- Provide status updates to the clients on a regular basis and appropriately distributes any issues identified by the client throughout the company and/or third parties to fulfill the client’s needs.
- Provide a project summary, requirements, scope of work, bill of material, key milestones, and timeline for each client project to the appropriate Team Lead.
- Assist in the scheduling of installation dates and resources needed for successful installation of scanning project.
- Establish themselves as the team liaison for all client matters escalated upward from the installation site or downward from the client.
- Identify and communicate with the responsible person at vendors who are supporting the client project.
- Maintains current information on the status of each project and reports as requested by IMI Management.
- Acts as a technical expert in all areas of the install process.
- Supports the installation teams with technical information/ product requests and timing to the client and vendor in order to remove roadblocks for the installation team.
- Responsible for understanding and maintaining information related to costs and overruns of installation projects and reporting them upward to IMI management.
- Understands and tracks clients / IMI signoff requirements and status at client site upon completion of system installation.
- Responsible for coordinating all required modifications to system installs with the proper internal and external parties.
- Responsible for providing the best Project Management client experience possible.
- Identifies individual training needs and process improvements needed in the Project Management execution.
We are looking for candidates who’ve attained a high school diploma or GED and have a minimum of 3-5 years experience working in a fast-paced supervisory, project management, and/or client relations position. The Installation Manager will go through system and procedural training to become knowledgeable in system installation and project scheduling.
We Require the Following from You:
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Flexible in terms of work hours, open to shifting schedules, extended work hours and working on holidays and weekends.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with clients, vendors, and team members.
- Effective time management and organizational skills that allows you to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle confidential and delicate client information.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as needed (valid passport and driver’s license required).
- Bi-lingual (English/ Spanish) is considered an asset.
Additional Job Details:
- Work Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- Permanent/ Fulltime Opportunity: Yes
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Travel Requirement: Moderate
- Training Provided: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
©2019 IMI – A Global People Company