[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
The Automation Group provides setup, deployment, testing and commissioning of preconfigured laser and or image based scanning solutions into logistic facilities. These systems are provided by ID system manufacturers at the customer facilities throughout, but not limited to, North America. These systems will typically require installation and configuration support of the physical support structure, scanning hardware, lighting, wiring, communication and programming but may include other elements. In many cases, the scanning system will need to be integrated with other software or hardware products to capture or pass data to different systems in the warehouse. IMI specializes in the integration and installation of scanning solutions for primarily, logistics as well as other customers.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Mechanical Engineer reports directly to the IMI Director of Engineering and functions as the key mechanical person responsible for integrating various hardware products and packages. This includes determining the customer's mechanical requirements, designing and proposing the solution, testing the proposed solution, as well as providing setup, deployment and training at the customer location as needed. As demand grows, the Mechanical Engineer will need to organize, train and lead supporting technicians and or other Mechanical Engineer people to execute on delivering solutions to customers. Teams may require multiple technicians to deploy larger systems solutions or multiple systems and may be required to support the mechanical installation of the solution if required.
The Mechanical Engineer is expected to:
1. Provide guidance to the customer and peers with regards to mechanical engineering efforts.
2. Understand customer needs and collect the customer's mechanical requirements and develop a project scope.
3. Develop mechanical solutions based on customer requirements and scope or IMI's defined requirements and scope.
4. Work with IMI's Customer Management team and Installation team to identify timing and deploy solutions as needed.
5. Document and publish IMI mechanical solutions to the Installation team for customer installation and testing.
6. Become the lead mechanical engineering expert for Cognex solutions and provide training and deployment support to Installation team as needed.
7. Provide customer support for mechanical issues.
8. Develop unique IMI mechanical solutions for custom solutions to / between various hardware devices (e.g. robots, machine vision, iD readers, etc.,)
9. Suggest and propose (through demonstration) ease of installation packages to reduce customer and team member solution installation effort.
10. Provide a site specific execution plan for the installation process.
11. Communicates critical mechanical project information and daily status to IMI Management, customers and end user on a regular basis.
12. Acts as the IMI technical expert in all areas of the mechanical integration process.
13. Responsible for documenting and reporting all modifications to system installs with regards to system setup or changes to system design while on site.
14. Responsible for providing the best on-site customer experience possible.
15. Identifies individual training needs and process improvements needed in the installation execution.
The Mechanical Engineer role is to be the main interface with internal IMI resources and management, vendors and suppliers related to the mechanical project as well as being the customers view into new and ongoing installations for integrated systems. They are responsible for the co-ordination, planning and closing of the project once the sales team has secured the order.
Typical travel would be required for initial evaluation and project discussion, periodic status updates and technical support and when closing projects at customer locations. It is expected that travel is required 25% of the time. Travel may include IMI locations (e.g. Grand Rapids Michigan, Ottawa Ontario, etc.) for development, training or project / program review purposes and to the customer's location which may reside inside or outside the US. Although travel may be required and should be expected for this position, most will be limited in length.
- Work Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- Permanent/ Fulltime Opportunity: Yes
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Travel Requirement: Moderate
- Training Provided: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
©2019 IMI – A Global People Company