[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Do you want to work for one of New York's largest online grocery delivery companies!!!
They deliver to residences and offices in the New York City metropolitan area. They are currently in demand for over 100 Drivers, Warehouse Associates and Forklift Drivers throughout the Bronx, Brooklyn, and New Jersey. expected to gross 800 Million Dollars in revenue this year. They have figured out away to deliver goods to the doors of New York's finest and other companies are taking notice.
You will be working in a refrigerated environment shipping area of a food production warehouse. You must be able to keep up with a fast paced operating rhythm and must be open to working until the job is done. Overnight position and weekends are mandatory! You must be able to commute to the Bronx. You must have at least 1 year of warehouse/industrial or packaging experience.
In the shipping department, you will be removing totes from the conveyors, scanning them and placing them on carts. You will be trained on how to use an RF scanner but experience using one in the past is a PLUS. The carts are anywhere from waist level to 6 feet tall. Therefore there is some lifting involved. The totes are no heavier than 50 pounds each. Essentially you are building the routes for drivers. If you have scanned a tote incorrectly, you must use your critical thinking skills to correct their scans. Some lanes are individual and some are team lanes.
STABLE WORK HISTORY is a MUST! Jumpiness in previous experience is an automatic dis-qualifier.
- 1-3+ years' experience working in a warehouse.
- Ability to perform critical thinking.
- Candidate must be able to build pallets with merchandise and cases full of merchandise.
- Ability to lift heavy cases (up to 50 pounds) and place them on shelves.
- Ability to work in a fast paced refrigerated environment (34-36 degrees).
- Ability to stand entire shift.
- Overtime & weekend flexibility.
- The ability to work until the job is done.
- Candidate MUST be technology savvy in order to learn how to use the scanners.
- PLUS: Experience using an RF scanner.
Shift Start time: Between 6 PM & 8 PM Start - End 4 AM or until the end of shift. Must be flexible to the schedule.
Currently 5 day work week work schedule.
***Weekends are mandatory. Sunday & Monday are 10 hour days.
Department will be moving towards a 4 day schedule 10 hour shifts. OVERTIME is available and mandatory.
This department gets the most overtime in the warehouse.