[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SENIOR CONTROLS ENGINEERS
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, IMI is the largest installation resource company in North America, delivering technical resources and solutions to the supply chain industry. Offering turnkey installation talent and OEM product deployment in fields such as manufacturing, supply chain, automation, and robotics.
IMI has qualified, trained, and deployed thousands of technicians throughout North America and has worked with some of the world’s most progressive Fortune 500 companies for over 20 years. For more information, visit imipeople.com.
Who We’re Looking for:
IMI is looking for someone who’s energetic, self-motivated, and result-oriented for an upcoming contract as a Senior Controls Engineer.
The Senior Controls Engineer designs control systems for industrial material handling solutions including specifications, device layout drawings, control schematics, and PLC logic. The Senior Controls Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with the project team, identifying design issues, and driving creative and innovative solutions.
The right candidate for this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Operations Management, or Logistics & Supply Chain. As well as, a minimum of 2 years of experience in an automated distribution center.
If you suit the above, you could be responsible for:
- Creates design system layouts, schematics, and control devices based on client specifications and scope for large projects or multiple small projects.
- Performs diverse, specialized, and complex work involving significant accountability and decision-making.
- Lead large projects by designating work to assigned team members with minimal direction.
- Prepares schematic and specifications or control panel fabrication.
- Maintains a project schedule that meets objectives and milestones.
- Creates Programmable Logical Controls (PLC) programs.
- Works closely with the Software Engineering team to integrate control solutions.
- Performs on-site commissioning.
- Directs team in the field and assigns priorities consistent with project needs; reporting progress to project and engineering management.
- Performs system validation according to scope documentation and project requirements.
- Ensures all project checklists and electronic documents created by the team are complete and archived.
- Review client specifications and scope documentation for quotation and clarification.
- Performs process checks and design reviews.
- Follows all engineering standards and principles.
We Require the Following from You:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of related field experience.
- Experience with industrial HMI and SCSDA systems, Allen-Bradley controls/ controllers, and Schneider PLCs.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, AutoCAD, and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Ability to lead a team and accomplish project goals effectively.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a desire to add value under minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve problems, collaborate, and adapt to new technology.
- Ability to travel 30-50% both domestically/ internationally and work overtime hours as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish) considered an asset.
Additional Job Details:
- Work Location: Bolingbrook, IL
- Contract Length: 3 - 4 Months *end dates are subject to change*
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Temporary Full-time/ Overtime Opportunity: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fume or airborne particles. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places, and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, extreme cold (including outdoors), extreme heat (including direct sunlight), risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment will vary from somewhat loud to extremely loud. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are unable to meet the requirements as listed above, you must advise your recruiter immediately.
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
©2020 IMI – A Global People Company