[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
Who Are We:
Founded in 1998, IMI is the largest installation resource company in North America, delivering technical resources and solutions to the supply chain industry. Offering turnkey installation talent and OEM product deployment in fields such as manufacturing, supply chain, automation and robotics.
IMI has qualified, trained and deployed thousands of technicians throughout North America and has worked with some of the world’s most progressive Fortune 500 companies for over 20 years. For more information, visit imipeople.com.
About the Position:
Are you a welding wizard? Well we need you! IMI is in search of dependable Welders who are safety- aware, self-motivated, results oriented, and task oriented to help us build great things.
Who We are Looking for:
The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience welding structural steel but has roughly three years of work experience along with verification of High School Diploma or GED & certifications. We want to help you grow a career in your field of work!
You’ll Be Responsible For:
Now we are sure you know what your typical duties are as a Welder, but for our position, this is what your every-day responsibilities will look like.
- Welding parts in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead, etc.
- Igniting flame or striking an arc while welding or performing other electricity-related work to weld part of a metal structure
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a welded final product
- Operating other accessory equipment and performing some tasks necessary for welding metal, such as fusing metal segments, using gas tungsten arc, metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, and other types of welding arcs
- Control the processes of fitting, burning and welding to avoid problems in relation to overheat, distortion, expansion or shrink of spare parts
- Examining finish products and spare parts and comparing them with samples to check whether the specifications are met
- Overseeing preparation and setting up necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc or other welding equipment.
Worksites can be dangerous, so to ensure your safety at all times, we require you always possess a hard hat, steel-toe boots, work gloves, safety vest, and work goggles.
Here’s a list of tools that will be helpful to you on the job:
- Any or all Basic hand tools, and a tool box or bag
- Tape Measure
- 2LB Small Sledge Hammer
- Level (7-10 inch)
- Band Cutters (tin snips)
- 3/8” Ratchet set with Standard Sockets ranging from 3/8” to 1” (deep well recommended)
- Standard Wrench set
- Set of Standard Allen Wrenches
- Line Up Pin or Drift Pin (8 to 10 inches long)
- Square (small carpenter one)
- Chalk Box
Additional Job Details:
- Work Location: [city, state]
- Contract Length: [#-# Months] *end dates are subject to change*
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Temporary Full-time/ Overtime Opportunity: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fume or airborne particles. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places, and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, extreme cold (including outdoors), extreme heat (including direct sunlight), risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment will vary from somewhat loud to extremely loud.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are unable to meet the requirements as listed above, you must advise your recruiter immediately.
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
©2020 IMI – A Global People Company