[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
Who We Are:
Founded in 1998, IMI is the largest installation resource company in North America, delivering technical resources and solutions to the supply chain industry. Offering turnkey installation talent and OEM product deployment in fields such as manufacturing, supply chain, automation and robotics.
IMI has qualified, trained and deployed thousands of technicians throughout North America and has worked with some of the world’s most progressive Fortune 500 companies for over 20 years. For more information, visit imipeople.com.
Who We’re Looking for:
IMI is looking for someone who’s a team player, self-motivated, and result-oriented for an upcoming contract as a Validation Technician.
The Validation Techniacian provides technical expertise for the commissioning and testing phases of material handling system automation projects, involving a wide variety of equipment, machines, software, controls, and technologies.
The right candidate for this position must have a combination of training and experience providing required knowledge, and an Associate’s degree in a mechanical, technical, electrical or related field, with a minimum of 5 Years of experience in a material handling environment.
If you suit the above, you could be responsible for:
- Provides on-site expertise during the start-up commissioning phase for conveyor systems, automated and semi-automated material handling systems, static and dynamic storage systems, and robotic modules
- Inspects installation to ensure that equipment and parts are operational and troubleshoots as needed
- Resolves electrical-mechanical and equipment errors on the automated systems and related equipment
- Communicates with internal controls and engineering team members throughout the implementation
- Meets project implementation and installation requirements by working with installers and other on-site personnel
- Reviews customer specifications and scope documentation to assist in installation, startups, and troubleshooting
- Travels up to 85%, Generally, but not always, two-week trips with occasional extended travel up to 3 weeks at a time
- Short notice travel may be required when schedule or resources are required
We Require the Following from You:
- Associate’s degree in a mechanical, electrical, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a material handling environment
- Experience with Allen-Bradley controls/controllers
- Experience with various industrial HMI and SCADA systems and Siemens, Omron, and Schneider PLCs a plus
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles and industrial automation
- Knowledge of safe industrial work practices including Lockout-Tagout and OSHA 10
- Ability to read and understand system layouts, schematics, and control devices
- Ability to troubleshoot and adjust PLC programs
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Computer skills including MS Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
Additional Job Details:
- Work Location: Dallas, TX
- Contract Length: 4 -5 Months *end dates are subject to change*
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance
- Temporary Full-time/ Overtime Opportunity: Yes
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fume or airborne particles. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places, and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, extreme cold (including outdoors), extreme heat (including direct sunlight), risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment will vary from somewhat loud to extremely loud.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are unable to meet the requirements as listed above, you must advise your recruiter immediately.
**CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY NOW**
©2020 IMI – A Global People Company