[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Provide mechanical maintenance support for 24 hr / 7 day manufacturing operation. Examines/inspects complex production and special purpose equipment to diagnose failures. Installs equipment, dismantles equipment, replaces defective parts, reassembles and makes necessary adjustments to ensure efficient operation. May make replacement parts or modify existing parts requiring proficiency in a variety of hand and power tools, shop equipment, machining tools and welding. Performs preventive maintenance responsibility and assists Electrical Maintenance Technician with trouble shooting and repairs. Works a rotating shift and regularly must provide complex troubleshooting and repair without on-site technical supervision or guidance.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
(Essential duties are identified by asterisks. Please add percentage of time spent on duties/responsibility.)
* Completes equipment installations, scheduled/unscheduled repairs utilizing the following standard methods (40%)*
o Works with blueprints, schematics, sketches, manuals, written and/or verbal instructions in carrying out job assignments.
o Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to determine root cause of problems.
o Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
o Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
o Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
o Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments which may include applying principles of pneumatics and hydraulics.
o Adjust functional parts of press folding equipment requiring in depth understanding of folding operation and product delivery requirements.
o Repairs or replaces defective parts and fabricates parts as necessary.
o Installs special functional and structural components/equipment in production systems, devices and facilities.
o Lubricates and cleans parts.
o Uses cutting torch, stick and wire welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
o Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
* Completes and documents specific preventative and predictive maintenance duties (cleaning, inspecting, replacing/adjusting, lubricating, measuring, etc.) on assigned equipment. (30%)*
* Team Responsibilities (30%)*
o Work closely with equipment operators to troubleshoot and maintain high level of operating efficiency.
o Work closely with OEM technical support.
o Requisitions supplies, parts, and equipment and sends parts out for repair.
o Records appropriate equipment information concerning equipment repairs and performance.
o Shares responsibility for repairing and maintaining facility with other maintenance technicians.
o Assists other Technical Services team members on assigned projects
Employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
* Attend meetings/respond to requests in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor or team leader.
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External):
* Informs leaders and other technicians of pertinent information and communicates to other departments as necessary.
* Communicates with equipment operators to determine problems with equipment before breakdown and to determine if equipment adjustments or repairs are necessary.
* Communicates with equipment vendors and various suppliers including technical local and international support.
Decision Making Scope:
* Often must make decisions in conjunction with department supervisors to shut down equipment, schedule repairs, request for service.
* Functions as member of emergency response team providing equipment and utility shut down, sprinkler valve operation, and assistance to emergency personnel as required.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
* Physical requirements include heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. / above 50 lbs. with assistance available, working in a boom lift up to 35 feet, working in restricted spaces and awkward positions and pass a color vision test.
* Working conditions includes high noise (hearing protection required), high speed equipment, paper dust, and process chemicals.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.