[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Direct – Local Candidates only- no relocation
Location: Commerce, GA
Please send me your resume in word.
5+ to 7 years’ experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel – Occasional
As a member of the Strategic Sourcing team, the Materials Manager is responsible for leading the Scheduling group to create and maintain an optimized and efficient production Schedule. This Schedule will meet customer requirements while effectively consuming inventory. Additional responsibilities include:
• Management and mentoring for schedulers responsible for all plants.
• Manage the scheduling process.
• Ensure a timely and consistent hand off of the schedule to Production
• Work with Production to manage bottlenecks and capacity issues with Production and Sourcing teams.
• Monitor and maintain ERP system parameters. Create new parameters if needed.
Other activities include:
• Data Whisperer
• Manage the generation of work orders through ERP system
• Reviews planning Exceptions daily
• Use Lean principles to automate the Scheduling function
• Work with Sales and Engineering to reserve capacity for specific projects
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
Bachelor’s Degree or better in Business or related field. (MBA preferred)
5+ years if business experience in manufacturing fields: including skills in planning, scheduling, and material control.
· Excellent written, negotiation, and strong interpersonal communication skills
· Strong leadership, time management and organizational skills
· Advanced analytical and data mining skills including MS Excel
· Ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team
· Data Visualization
· Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers or regulatory agencies
· Master’s degree in supply chain management or related field
· Ability to effectively present information to management, customers, and other stakeholders
· Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw reliable conclusions