[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Aerotek is currently hiring for maintenance mechanics in the Hyattsville, MD area! Qualified candidates will be able to perform the following duties:
- Repair damaged mechanisms, replace worn or defective parts and adjust assemblies for proper operations
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install equipment in compliance with all plant codes, policies and procedures
- Safely utilize shop equipment, hand tools, power tools and precision-measuring instruments
- Perform inspections of all production equipment in all departments of production
- Identify complex units, determine root cause of issues, repair or replace defective parts and wiring
- Install multiple interlocking safety devices, conduit, electrical panels and other accessory components
- Assist engineers and other production staff in the debug/processing of equipment on the production floor
- Perform evaluations of new technologies with potential application as a new process or as a modification to existing equipment
- Fabrication of small support parts. i.e., brackets, covers/coverings, guards, etc.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals
- Assemble, install, or repair machinery and equipment
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment
- Must have experience working with production equipment such as conveyors, gear boxes, pumps, motors, etc.
- Must be able to perform both mechanical and electrical repairs
- Must be able to troubleshoot PLCs, VFDs
- Welding is a plus but is not required
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to this posting directly.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.