[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
On a production basis, the CNC Operator is responsible for fabricating, machining, positioning, aluminum and steel parts along with other components.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned)
- Verifying conformance of materials to specifications using a variety of tools to achieve this objective (tape measure, calipers, height gauge, etc.)
- Studying drawings, blueprints and/or work instructions to determine materials requirements and task sequences
- Cuts, bends, and machines parts to meet specifications
- Operate CNC Fabrication Equipment (Laser, Press Brake, 3 and 4 axis vertical machines, lathe, tube bender, saw) among others
- Setting up and operating various fabricating machines that are needed to complete the assigned operations
- Prioritizes work assignments, duties, and maintains order at all times, including in the absence of the supervisor or team leader
- May layout and examine metals stock or materials to be processed.
- Lifting or moving materials using a variety of devices
- Wears appropriate (PPE) personal protective equipment as required
- Troubleshoots and performs minor repairs to equipment
- High School diploma or GED and/or training/certificate from trade school
- Operating knowledge of Laser, Press Brake, and other CNC types of equipment listed above
- Candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of related metal forming, machining, and fabrication experience preferably in an automotive or aerospace environment
- Must have a good understanding of the metals aluminum and steel
- Must know how to use different tools and equipment used in the metals trades (both hand and automatic)
- Must have previous experience/ability to read blueprints, schematics and work instructions
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.