[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
**** Candidates need to be flexible work any of the 4 departments listed below. Their department will be chosen on orientation day ***
Experience working within any sort of shipping/receiving environment
Ability to lift 50 pounds
Prior inventory or cycle count experience
Day to Day:
Candidates will be working in the loading (shipping) department. They will be responsible for loading shipment from the conveyors onto the trucks.
- Walmart is very strategic on how they load freight, similar to Tetris, everything has to fit neatly.
- A heavier item like an AC Unit must be put on the bottom and smaller items should be stacked last. Candidates aren't just loading as they please.
- This is extremely labor intensive, candidates must be prepared to 12+hour shifts on their feet.
- Contractors are labeling large pallets of product and loading it onto the conveyor system.
-This is known to be the most physical job in the building since its non-stop moving for the entire shift.
-Each order label will indicate how much product to pull from the pallet and where the product is located. Aerotek associates once trained should be loading around 3,000 products per shift
- Walmart describes this department as a "mini Amazon". Associates in this department are resonsible for breaking down larger shipments into smaller packages to be sent out to various retail stores.
- For example, if a shipment of 500 shampoo bottles come in, an associate may break that down in 10 packages of 50 bottles to be distributed
This is an area within the receiving department. They will be responsible for unloading product from the trailers and take them to their designated area within the warehouse. They will be unloading the trucks floor to ceiling so this is extremely physical
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.