[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Primary responsibilities include the set-up, maintenance, and operation of high speed, PLC controlled automatic packaging equipment. Strong electrical diagnostic and troubleshooting skills are required to effectively repair and maintain all automated packaging and sensing equipment as required. Setup and maintain OCR/OCV vision systems, and online Laser/Video printing equipment. Setup and maintain all robotic material handling/feeding systems. Insure the safe and efficient operation of all automatic packaging equipment including Form/Fill/Seal equipment as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Sets up various automated packaging machinery including removal of previous tooling, removal and replacement of covers and guarding for access of cleaning crew.
• Performs all Preventative and Demand Maintenance activities, including Calibration of packaging equipment as required.
• Execute all Packaging Machinery Validation/Engineering Studies as required.
• Monitors mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
• Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts.
• Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
• Performs scheduled preventive maintenance and completes documentation.
• Lubricates and cleans parts.
• Logs data into process check sheets.
• Starts devices to test their performance.
• Operates drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
• Initiates parts requisition order for parts and machines.
• Performs electrical troubleshooting including fuse testing, motor and relay replacement, and set-up and parameter changes to robotic component handling systems, PLC controllers, setup and adjustment of online printing, barcode scanning, and OCR/OCV vision equipment.
• Calibrate measuring gauges including Temperature Controllers and related Thermocouples, Air and Vacuum gauges, and Timers.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma and certificate from college or technical school. Requires min. related technical degree or Industrial 3 years of industrial automation/packaging experience.