[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy has an opportunity for a Transit Technician who will perform preventative and corrective maintenance on transit equipment.
· Inspect vehicles and related equipment to detect failed or improperly operating equipment. Perform electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems inspection following established procedures or other written or verbal instructions.
· Perform preventive & corrective maintenance and/or replace defective parts or equipment utilizing manuals, drawings, specs, and other written or verbal instructions.
· Respond to system failure to recover vehicles and restore operation. Operate train, doors, switches, train control and power distribution systems in manual mode when directed to do so. Assist passengers during emergency operations.
· Prepare reports or daily logs as required. Participate in training programs. Perform housekeeping and administrative duties. Maintain tools, equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner. Observe all safety practices and procedures.
· Provide oversight of automated train control equipment located in Central Control. Manually intervene during downtime/recovery events and/or during train, guideway and platform door malfunctions. Dispatch Recovery Teams consisting of Transit Technicians and other site personnel as appropriate when manual intervention is not successful.
- High School Degree
- Previous light rail equipment experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills