[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Enjoy working outside?
The Blue Shift - Driver II would be responsible for driving the car from the car staging area safely and efficiently to the rail loading area and onto/into the rail car. The rail car is not connected to an engine and the individual would pull as far forward as possible. To disembark from the rail car, the driver will have to navigate a narrow opening in the driver's side door, as there is only 14-17 inches of clearance for the door to open.
Once the car has been pulled up to the most forward location, it would be parked and "chocked" or locked into place by manually inserting tire chock on all four tires. These are completed by kneeling down and manually placing the chock before/after the tire and locking it into place with the designated handles.
Once staged on the car, the Driver would then climb down the short steps/ladder to board a shuttle that takes them to the next car to be loaded.
Duties (not limited to):
- Safely operating new vehicles across parking lots to/on loading areas.
- Use EXTREME caution to ensure there are no damages done to the vehicle.
- Ensuring that all quality standards are maintained during transit.
- Report any necessary damages or concerns to management for further assistant.
- Operate in an effective, yet timely fashion to ensure cars are safely moved and production pace is kept.
- Climbing up/down steps/ladders as needed.
- Kneeling, bending, climbing, walking, sitting, etc. for extended periods of time.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.