[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
This Production Operator position involves running multiple pieces of automated machinery performing a polishing process for silicon wafer manufacturing. It will take place in a semi-cleanroom environment where operators must wear certain PPE and clothing including safety glasses or goggles, latex, latex-free, or other acceptable gloves, hair net, safety shoes, and a 2 piece uniform (scrubs). Use of ear plugs is optional.
This position will operate on a 12-hour Night Shift, 6pm to 6am, compressed workweek alternating 3-ON/4-OFF and 4-ON/3-OFF weekly schedules which require working every other weekend and will likely entail additional overtime days when needed. Training may begin on the 12-hour day shift rotation for a few weeks before transitioning to night shift. Night Shifts receive additional 15% shift differential pay incentive.
Operators are involved in and responsible for following complex, detailed procedures to polish and clean silicon wafers on both the front and back sides of the wafer per exact customer specifications, on time, and without defect using Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology.
Additional Essential Job Functions and requirements include:
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, lift, reach, and grasp as needed
- Must be able to push, pull, and guide product and machine parts in and out of machines
- Availability to work all hours, all shifts, and over time as required or as requested
- Attendance and compliance with advance notice and call in policies for absences in this manufacturing area is critical
- Must be able to work in close proximity with other team members working in the same area and/or work alone in specific areas
- Able to stand for long periods of time within a 12 hour shift
- Ability to work around hazardous and volatile chemicals
- Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and up to 25 lbs. of force frequently to move objects and be walking, standing, and/or in motion while performing these tasks
- Lifts up to 25 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day for 12 hour shifts with no place to sit or rest when working
- Review work orders to run double sided polishing machines to polish wafers, using alkali polishing slurry according to customer required specifications, until it is free of defects.
- Operate and monitor a cleaning process (clean line) to remove residual slurry from the wafer's surfaces and ensure it meets clean specifications.
- Operate metrology equipment to monitor process control and ensure that polish is removed and the flatness or the wafer is correct, according to customer specifications.
- Proactive and takes initiative to quickly address machine and/or quality issues or if unable to resolve, notify a team leader, supervisor, trainer, or others at a higher level.
- Use a computer keyboard to input data into Excel, track and confirm each process, and complete computerized forms and labels for each order according to all requirements.
- Use Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology to measure, identify, and correct processes and eliminate defects.
- Continuously monitor, analyze, and verify that all data and all processes are correct and meet quality, order specifications, weights, calibrations, during each process and after each process is completed, before moving the order on to the next process step.
- Operate robotic or automated equipment to load, unload, wafers, tools, and/or other equipment
- Respond and trouble shoot tool alarms
- Perform tasks to clean equipment and the area to meet standards for each manufacturing process
- Must be able to multi-task and monitor the movement of wafers on multiple tool sets at the same time
- Ability to prepare/analyze/create data through extensive reading
- Visual inspection of small parts, errors, defects, fabrication, words, and numbers
- Follows all documented training, procedures, and processes to meet quality standards
- Report and take action to prevent or variations, errors, or lapses in quality
- Ensures quality issues are reported, corrected, and not repeated
- Identifies and reports suggestions for improvement to supervisor or other appropriate manager.
- Completes all tasks using safe behaviors
- Puts safety first and foremost and never puts safety after deadlines, other goals, or tasks
- Acts as a role model in safety with co-workers.
- Must be highly safety cautious as operators can be subjected to hazards including working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts
- Use a computer keyboard to input data into Excel, track and confirm each process, and complete computerized forms
- Experienced, proficient, and accurate in the use of a computer, keyboard, and a monitor. - Experience in software use, such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), Microsoft Excel, Outlook e-mail, or other similar software is desired
- Can operate a calculator, copier, cell phone, and telephone.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively in English with management and co-workers
- Must have ability to read and write in English
- Ability to create, read, comprehend, and explain instructions, procedures, technical and informational manuals, reports, correspondence for self and for others written in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute percentages and decimals using a calculator, Excel software, or other method.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.