[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Now hiring traveling conveyor Commissioning / Controls Engineer will aid in the commissioning of controls for conveyor and sortation systems. Can live or be home based in any state in the US, will be traveling extensively (85%+). Current location does not matter. (As long as by a large airport)
Pay Rate: $30 - $50/hr. (depending on experience)
Per Diem 7 days per week; Travel Time, Flights, Hotel and Car Rental all paid by company.
Work schedule: 6 x 10 hr. days
Travel schedule: 4-8 weeks with a week at home (paid / on-call)
Direct hire position (fully-benefited employee)
• Implementing site-based controls for new equipment within new or existing customer systems.
• Support project scope and schedule, this position will work with other members of the Controls group to ensure drawings and software are completed, installed, commissioned, and documented as required.
• Write and implement machine code, integrate subsystems, and assist in all on-site commissioning efforts.
• Utilize “Human Machine Interface” (HMI) using commercially available products such as: Wonderware, RSView and FactoryTalk View.
• Implement basic PLC and HMI programs to satisfy current design and customer specifications under the supervision of a Project Lead Commissioning Engineer
• Work with employees, customer representatives and third-party vendors to ensure all aspects of a project are considered during both the design and commissioning phases
• Review electrical designs and provide accurate as-builts drawings for approval.
• Assist on-site teams to commission complex automated systems, provide site engineering support, and assist in system acceptance testing.
• Ability to produce quality designs, drawings, and documentation with minimal errors.
• Basic understanding of induction motors, programmable logic controllers and industrial networks.
• Experience using CAD software to create electrical drawings and schematics. (AutoCAD)
• Experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) - a plus
• Experience with Vision Systems (a plus)
• Experience with Robotic Systems (a plus )
• Education: (Preferred but not Required) Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Electrical Engineering; Mechatronics Engineering (Equivalent work experience will also be considered as a substitute for education) plus 2 years of experience or equivalent within an industrial controls environment:
o PLC programming (RSLogix, RSLadder, Studio 5000, etc.)
o HMI Programming (RSView, FactoryTalk View, etc.)
o Input and output device design and implementation
o Industrial communication networks (EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, PROFINET, etc.)
o Low voltage electrical design and drawing creation.