[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Production Operator position is an extrusion machine operator position that requires broad knowledge of production processes, equipment troubleshooting, equipment operation, packaging procedures, health and safety policies, and quality policies. The Production Operator is expected to operate an extruder / pultrusion line along with other production pieces of equipment such as driers, and the parts burn off oven with minimal supervision in a participative team environment.
This position is responsible for reading and complying with the Company's Environmental and Quality Policies. This position is also responsible for reporting to management deviations from the policy when they are observed.
• Assume personal responsibility for safety performance and demonstrate a genuine concern for the safety of co-workers.
• Must maintain acceptable housekeeping standards.
• Comply with all safety/health related policies and procedures, participate in company sponsored safety programs and activities, and report to management those conditions or actions by employees or others that might create a hazard to themselves or others in the plant.
• Setting up extruders to run a product that is in accordance with standard operating conditions with minimal downtime and loss of product.
o This includes the setting of feed totes and product totes. Must be able to learn to use tote tumbling and screw/element oven equipment.
• Maintaining proper records, which includes run logs/sheet, feed blends on line, amount of product in totes, packaging reports, work orders, log books and keeping the on-coming operator informed as to important issues.
• Completing a product turn-around, which includes cleaning the extruder barrel and screws, the feeder, the chopper, the classifier, the reclaimer system, bagging system, product totes to prevent product contamination. Requires familiarity in the operation and uses of various hand tools.
• Must successfully complete and maintain a license for operation of a fork-lift.
• Requires ability to meet the quality expectations for manufacturing.
o This includes: Understanding and applying appropriate control techniques, e.g., control charts; as required, accurately sampling the material made so that the laboratory can accurately analyze the physical properties of the product and working with the supervisor to make the necessary corrections to the product to meet specifications.
• Review and understanding of the policies and procedures contained in standard operating procedures, hazardous communication and waste disposal procedures.
• Troubleshooting processing problems with the product.
o This includes, but is not limited to surging, black specks, improper pellet size, pellets with tails and contaminated product.
• Troubleshooting equipment failure and repairing.
o This includes but is not limited to, placing thermocouples, vacuum leaks, vacuum conveying problems.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 0-5 years of experience as a production operator
• Effective communication skills required
• Ability to deal with hazardous situations and materials
• Basic mechanical and a sound mathematics aptitude which includes the ability to calculate percent's, ratios, unit conversions, averages, as well as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division