[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Position: Sales Representative – Paper Division
Compensation: Depending on candidate's experience; compensation will be base salary and commission.
Application process: email resume to email@example.com
Reports to: V.P of Operations.
Primary Purpose: The primary role of the Sales Representative is to fully understand and promote / sell
MRT core maintenance and repair capabilities, increase sales revenue, meet or exceeding annual sales
forecasts by providing excellent customer service, being a problem solver, opening new accounts and
seeing opportunities where other do not.
1. Grow revenues: meeting or exceeding company plans and individual sales goals.
2. Provide outstanding customer service to assigned accounts, as well as those new accounts
developed by this individual.
3. Work with design / engineering team to mine old quotes and ensure previous (or older projects)
are followed up on.
4. Drive new sales from existing accounts and review / search to open new accounts.
5. Collaborate with V.P. of Operations and Engineering Team to ensure customer's projects /
customer's work meets or exceeds customer expectations.
6. Support and collaborate with other MRT sales rep's to ensure the sales and engineering team is
working as a business unit.
7. Review/ reflect where the business can improve and share these ideas with management.
8. Ability to mine customers, knowledge of "taking a no and turn it in to a yes".
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure MRT is the "go-to" repair and maintenance call when customers need help.
2. Assist with company's annual budgets as requested.
3. Attention to details.
4. Complete weekly call reports.
5. Extremely prompt return phone call skills.
6. Extremely prompt email skills.
7. Stay up to date on industry news, pricing, supply, and demand news.
8. Support other sales team members, as necessary.
9. Train sales staff, as necessary.
10. Promote company safety protocol whenever at MRT or while visiting customers.
11. Act professionally with any social media accounts.
12. Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.2 | P a g e
13. Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
14. Accurately keep / maintain expense reports.
15. Review support staff expense reports for accuracy.
16. Excellent organizational skills.
17. Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
Qualifications / Education:
1. Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
2. Minimum 10 years industry knowledge needed.
3. Experienced in the steel, power and or paper industry highly preferred.
4. Industry contacts preferred.
5. Some engineering education / knowledge preferred.
Background / Training / Experience:
1. Good M/S 365 knowledge, other m/s skills including: outlook, work, excel and power point.
2. Strong oral / verbal skills.
3. Excellent eye for details and accuracy.
4. Able to meet deadlines.
5. Excellent networking and follow up skills.
6. Experienced as an effective team leader.
Physical / Environmental Demands / Other
1. Ability to stand for several hours.
2. Ability to left 50 pounds in a proper manner.
3. Must be able to sit / stand at a computer for several hours daily.
4. Clean driving record