[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Great salary, relocation assistance and benefits packages offered.
Morgan Truck Body, LLC is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and six service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing company, Morgan offers a vast variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining Morgans winning team means being part of a great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.
The Manufacturing Engineer will develop, implement and maintain safe, optimal and cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. This role will recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports research, design and the development of safe manufacturing processes, including production flow, assembly methods, welding processes and production equipment
2. Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of the facilities property, buildings and equipment
3. Prepares and maintains work instructions, setup instructions, and other related process documentation for shop floor use
4. Supports and may lead the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results
5. Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for the safe manufacturing of truck bodies and components
6. Performs continuous improvement activities using lean tools for cost reduction, quality improvement, improved efficiency, and improved material flow
7. Prepares capital projects for new equipment and processes
8. Safely launches machines, process, methods and/or tooling technologies with >99% effectiveness
9. Documents lessons learned and communicates among the Mfg. Engineering discipline
10. Provides technical process expertise for plant and supplier quality issues
11. Assists Quality Engineering with developing robust quality control plans
12. Assists with defect, rework, and scrap reduction related to the manufacturing processes
13. Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams
14. Performs other related duties as assigned
EXPERTISE REQUIRED/MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
5+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment
Experience with existing manufacturing technologies, including but not limited to: welding, joining, metal working, manual assembly, and painting; certification in a field is a plus
Practical Lean principles experience with proven success using the tools
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Minitab
Proven ability to facilitate change and knowledge of lean tools and techniques
Planning - an ability to think ahead and plan during a 3-6 month timespan
Strong leadership experience and strong team player
Project Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple projects
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
Quality orientation and attention to detail
Problem analysis and problem resolution; Green Belt certification, Black Belt a plus
High level of mechanical aptitude and desire to work in a hands on manufacturing environment for extensive periods of time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds.