[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Motor Controls Inc. (MCI) is a 41-year-old manufacturing company, based in Dallas, Texas.
We engineer, design, manufacture, and assemble industrial electrical control panels and systems, UL Listed, NEMA rated electrical cabinets, structural metal fabrications, water treatment equipment, turf irrigation pumping systems, and municipal water pumping stations.
Our philosophy, of build rather than buy has allowed us to assemble an extraordinary team of engineers, designers, programmers, technicians, skilled trades, machine operators, and support staff.
If you would like to join a company and team of approximately 300 people, that is dynamic, growing and, believes in providing and encouraging the opportunity of advancement, please let us hear from you.
Our guiding principle - Meeting our customers' requirements, every requirement, every time
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Develop single line diagrams, motor schematics, PLC & I/O drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Develop control panel layouts and Bill of Materials.
• Assist panel builders with design questions and work with QC tech for functional testing.
• Perform inspections of control panels against drawings and produce as-built drawings.
• Perform designs and calculations in accordance with UL, NEC and NFPA standards under guidance of an Electrical Engineer.
• Read and interpret low voltage power circuits, instrumentation and control circuits, mechanical layouts and assembly drawings for electrical design interface.
• Assist in the development of design and drafting standards and procedures.
Education and Experience:
• Proficient with AutoCAD Electrical
• Three (3) or more years' experience in electrical design, panel layout and schematic development
• Understanding of PLC and relay logic is preferred
• Ability to read and understand instrument loop diagrams and PIDs is preferred
• Prior experience with UL508A is highly preferred
Abilities and Skills:
• Excellent organizational skills combined with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are requirement
• Must be able to effectively discuss, explain and coordinate design concepts with designers and other disciplines cross-functionally
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED:
Valid Texas Driver's license
Fork Lift certification preferred but not required
Company Benefits include:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Employer-paid Life insurance
Paid Time Off
• The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• EEO Notice
Motor Controls, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Motor Controls, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.