[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Type: Full-time
Day shift: M-F / 8am - 5pm
Rate of pay: Based on experience
We are actively seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer that currently has hands on engineering experience with pressure vessels or high temperature furnace design, for this exciting opportunity to join our team.
Our unique company provides customers who include manufacturers of composite braking systems for the aerospace and automotive industries with carbonization, graphitization, pyrolysis, carbon vapor deposition and other high temperature processing services using its custom designed specialty ovens.
Supporting processes include raw material needling, die cutting and machining services for our customers who are primarily manufacturers of carbon graphite structures, composites, powders, and fibers, as well as manufacturers of non-oxide ceramics, such as silicon carbide, silicon nitride, boron nitride, boron carbide, or other advanced ceramic materials.
Purpose of the Job
This individual is accountable to the Vice President of Facilities/Operations and will work on designing BAM's thermal processing and ancillary equipment and processes, in compliance with all applicable codes and standards as well as company policy and procedures. This engineering position requires a person capable of performing duties for engineering projects from inception to completion.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist in equipment designs, plans, specifications, material list, and cost estimates.
- Provide production improvements, including improved efficiency and predictive maintenance.
- Utilization of computer to access and edit documents, bills of material, data sheets, email, correspondence preparation, spreadsheets, and engineering calculations.
- Design of equipment, creation and editing using Solid Works.
- Assist in construction and maintenance of plant systems.
- Identifies and collaborates with peers on improving safety, process capability, and quality across the facility.
- Bachelor's in mechanical engineering (BSME).
- Proficient in drafting with Solid Works with experience in managing parts and assemblies.
- Applicant must be within commuting distance.
- Experience with structural steel and concrete installations.
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience on pressure vessels or high temperature furnace design.
- Knowledge ASME pressure vessel code requirements.
- Has worked at least 2 years in an organization with an AS9100, ISO 9001 or similar quality system.
- Possess adequate verbal ability to effectively communicate with contractors and coworkers.
- Experience with machining and fabrication processes.
- May occasionally lift 10 to 20 pounds.
- Frequently stand and walk, as necessary, to perform analysis within the plant.
- Occasionally required to climb ladders to equipment platforms.
- Frequently, stoop, kneel, or crouch to collect equipment information.
- Occasionally handle diagnostic testing instruments and drawing instruments while making plans and diagrams.
- Awareness of production equipment hazards and the proper procedures to work safely within a thermal processing facility.
Benefits (full-time employees only)
Eligible 1st of the month following hire date.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life, STD, LTD
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid time off
Drug screening, background check, Covid vaccine unless exempt, and negative Covid-19 test required.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings daily
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location “ 10536 Lexington Drive, Knoxville, TN 37932
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
TN Drug Free Workplace