[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Type: Full-time
Day shift: M-F / 8am - 5pm
Rate of pay: Based on experience
We are actively seeking an experienced Process/Materials Engineer for this exciting opportunity to join our team.
BAM Inc. specializes in providing high temperature services for aerospace, automotive, semi-conductor, and other specialized advanced materials markets. These services include high temperature processing including carbonization, graphitization, pyrolysis, and carbon-vapor infiltration. All the processes are completed in BAM custom furnaces designed and constructed at our facilities by a highly skilled and dedicated workforce.
Along with our core high temperature services, BAM also provides supporting processes which include raw material needling, die cutting and machining services, primarily for carbon-carbon composites. We also have capabilities for producing and processing other ceramics such as silicon carbide, silicon nitride, boron nitride and boron carbide.
Based in Knoxville, TN, BAM has been in operation since 1995. Our work is technology based but is successful because of the talents and experience of our workforce. We value our people and provide a rewarding, engaged and positive work environment.
BAM is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Loar Group, a growing, diversified Aerospace company providing exceptional services to its wide base of aerospace customers. The Group is based on a foundation of trust and respect for all 900+ employees across the United States.
Purpose of the Job:
This candidate will be responsible for development and operational processing, quality, performance, safety, equipment capability and other aspects of BAM's friction and other material processing and products. The candidate will be responsible for understanding and ensuring processes and products comply to customer, environmental, quality, and safety standards and codes as well as company policy and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead process design for new product development and high temperature processing opportunities.
- Support improvement and optimization of existing processes.
- Provide meaningful recommendations on equipment and process effects on cost, quality, and yield.
- Analyze and compile results from data collected during production runs. Seek to provide production improvements in terms of improved efficiency and predictive maintenance activities.
- Interpretation of customer requirements and specifications.
- Provide assistance to mechanical engineers for development, productivity, and other projects, such as furnace construction and other plant system upgrades.
- Identifies and collaborates with peers on improving safety, process capability, and quality across the facility.
- Degree(s) in Chemical or Material Science Engineering. Masters, or above, preferred.
- Prefer 5+ years' experience in an industrial setting with Friction Materials, Composite or Ceramic products.
- Understanding of industrial temperature measurement systems above 2,000oC.
- Understanding of carbon-carbon composite manufacturing processes.
- Experience with an AS9100, ISO 9001 or similar quality system.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- May occasionally lift 10 to 20 pounds.
- Frequently stand and walk, as necessary, to perform analysis within the plant.
- Occasionally required to climb ladders to equipment platforms.
- Frequently, stoop, kneel, or crouch to collect equipment information.
- Awareness of production equipment hazards and the proper procedures to work safely within a thermal processing facility.
Benefits (full-time employees only)
Eligible 1st of the month following hire date.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life, STD, LTD
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid time off
Drug screening, background check, Covid vaccine unless exempt, and negative Covid-19 test required.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings daily
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location “ 10536 Lexington Drive, Knoxville, TN 37932
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
TN Drug Free Workplace