[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Manufacturing Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS is seeking a Assembly Inspector for an open position in Kinston, NC
The Assembly Inspector uses predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect visually in-process and completed products such as electronic units and subsystems, precision electromechanical assemblies or mechanical units, subassemblies, structural flaws, internal defects, and missing welds. Uses various measuring devices. Accepts or rejects defective or malfunctioning units or systems. Works from blueprints, diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer specifications, drawing or inspection instructions and checklists. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Performs line clearances after each lot to ensure all materials from the previous lot have been removed.
The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following:
1. Working from drawings/CATIA, documents, process specifications, quality control requirements, software programs and test procedures, perform any inspection of parts and assemblies including processes and materials.
2. Dimensionally inspect parts or assemblies.
3. Initiate and document any non-conforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes and procedures.
4. Inspect vendor, subcontractor or company parts and assemblies.
5. Follows a pre-determined sequence of own work.
6. Prepare and maintain Quality records.
7. Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by cross training and assisting other employees including cross-training in the Assembly Inspector function or functions supported.
In addition, each employee may be asked, on occasion, to complete other duties and responsibilities as required by leadership. Training and certification will be provided for the additional work when required.
- Local Candidates STRONGLY preferred.
- Must be available to work any shift
- Standard M-F, but could work OT and weekends
- Must be familiar with Aviation Manufacturing practices
- Must be comfortable using measurement tools and reviewing Re-Drawings.
- Positions will be in Assembly and FAI. Prefers candidates with experience in both arenas
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.