Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: San Francisco
Country: United States
Job #4991: Senior Project Control Job (Control Lead)
Position – Senior Project Control Job (Control Lead)
Location: South San Francisco
Duration: 24 Months
The Spear Group has an immediate need for a Senior Project Control lead for a capital construction Project to perform as the owner’s representative on a state of the art R&D Pharmaceutical facility that will be located in South San Francisco.
Our Client, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
The senior Project control position is a key leadership team role and change agent with the mandate to bring industry leading solutions in the planning, managing and controlling of our client’s project. As such, the leader will need to bring energy, experience and innovation to the following:
Cost Management, Planning and Scheduling
• Support The clients objective to consistently deliver their projects in on time through the use of modern lean scheduling techniques from initiation through realization such as Last Planner production planning, the use of Phase "Pull" planning, visualization tools, and continuous learning
• Use Target Schedules including critical activities and milestones and the associated critical path to ensure alignment with business requirements.
• This control leader will also be expected to bring innovative and industry leading solutions including methods to leverage technology to improve project delivery.
• The control leader will maintain the estimating/schedule standards and project monitoring, reporting and forecasting requirements to be implemented
• The control leader must demonstrate leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate others to change from traditional project control methods to adopt more modern, innovative and technology enabled solutions.
1. Prepares project control plans and detailed internal manpower utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
2. Prepares specific budgets, plans, schedules, and forecasts in accordance with prescribed standards and procedures. Assists in developing the requirements for budgeting, planning, scheduling, and forecasting standards.
3. Participates in developing Work Breakdown Structures and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
4. Maintains continuous records of project cost or schedule status based upon input from the project team.
5. Monitors and evaluates the effects of project changes including but not limited to trends, scope changes and delays.
6. Alerts the Project Team of cost or schedule impacts.
7. Participates in any estimating, scheduling, planning or cost related activities as required to support the project team.
8. Suggests remedial action or “work around” to the members of the Project Team so that they can maintain the Project baseline estimate or schedule.
9. Develops requirements and standards for cost recording, monitoring, reporting, and analyzing; cost/scheduling reporting performance measurement; productivity reporting; and variance reporting. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
10. Prepares periodic cost (man-hours, dollars, and quantities), schedules, performance and productivity reports. Develops variance analysis as required to explain differences between budget, actual and forecasted expenditures and baseline schedule and current schedule.
11. Prepares, monitors, and reports cash flows.
12. Plans, organizes, directs, performs, reviews, and presents cost/schedule products for the Project.
13. Provides input and recommendations for project control requirements relative to staffing and project control for the full range of cost/schedule activities. Prepares detailed manpower work plans for project control activities.
14. Prepares project control presentations and interfaces with management for specific project control tasks.
15. Coordinates and establishes scoping requirements for budget preparation, and cost forecasts, schedule development by discipline or other specialty and coordinates the timely, systematic and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
16. Participates in the preparation and review of budgets, plans, schedules and cost forecasts. Provides supervision and direction to others who are involved in the project controls process.
17. Defines project needs for project control in accordance with industry accepted standards as well as objectives and requirements of the project. This includes schedule development and maintenance, cost recording, monitoring, reporting, and analyzing; performance measurement; productivity reporting; and variance reporting.
18. Provides supervision and direction as required for the timely and competent performance of project control activities.
19. Reviews and critiques designs and specifications for project control effectiveness and suggests alternates when appropriate.
20. Prepares and is responsible for the preparation by others of various project control reports. Verifies consistency of current reports with previous reports to ensure compatibility. Responsible for issuing reports to various levels of management.
•Bachelor's (Engineering discipline preferred) ; Advanced education preferred.
•Generally twelve to fifteen years of progressive experience in cost engineering and estimating. Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, organize, direct, perform, review and present cost engineering, planning and scheduling and cost estimating information in an independent manner which requires a minimum of supervision and which reflects a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to technical planning and scheduling skills and engineering design and construction practices. Experience in organizing and coordinating the work of others and well developed verbal and written communication skills. Good computer skills are mandatory in commercially available software packages used for project management such as P6 and Microsoft Office.
•Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and proven project management excellence demonstrated over multiple assignments
•Knowledge of Estimating, Scheduling, Performance Management, Capital Financing
•Successful performance requires technical subject matter expertise in project management, estimating and project controls and 15+ years of capital project experience
•Broad knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry
•Knowledge of Pharmaceutical/Biotech Capital Management Process
•Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience
•Knowledge of Takt time planning, pull-planning, production process management, value based design and/or lean delivery/lean project management preferred.
•Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues in a team environment, and with external customers
•Disciplined and self-motivated with strong drive for results.
•Strategy planning and development
160 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.