Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: San Diego
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 3094232786
AECOM is seeking an experienced Stationary Engineer IV on 2nd shift at a pharmaceutical complex in La Jolla, CA!
Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday, 3:00pm – 11:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
This Stationary Engineer / Central Utility Plant Operator reports directly to the Chief Engineer and is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance on facility equipment and systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the care and maintenance of all power plant equipment such as piping, boilers, chillers, compressors, reheat units, motors, etc. that are typically found in central utility plants (CUP) and associated equipment within the buildings.
The Stationary Engineer must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required. May also assist specialized technicians in other facility maintenance trades and services as needed.
- Identifies and corrects problems with the CUP equipment such as boilers, chillers, chilled water and condenser pumps, air compressors and cooling towers.
- Properly maintains and operates building HVAC control systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance, modifies, installs, and maintains company heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Assembles, installs, operates, calibrates, troubleshoots, dismantles, and repairs a wide variety of heating / ventilating systems and humidity control systems and air balance systems.
- Monitors building automation systems to ensure proper operation of air handling equipment and room temperatures including start up and shutdown, and normal operating conditions. Makes adjustments as necessary.
- Takes daily chiller and boiler readings, submits reports as required to meet local and state requirements.
- Performs water treatment chemical analysis
- Maintains/performs Preventative Maintenance schedules and building tours.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience as a Stationary Engineer / Central Utility Plant Operator in an industrial setting, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
Within AECOM, our business group focuses on facility and production maintenance services.
- We provide facilities maintenance and management services for our clients’ industrial, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and commercial sites worldwide.
- We run our own crews of utility/power plant technicians, industrial electricians, maintenance mechanics, industrial HVAC techs, Instrumentation & Controls techs, CNC field service techs, etc. inside our customers facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
- These are full-time, permanent positions with AECOM that offer our standard benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off, a 401k plan with company match, employee discounts, and much more – and your benefits start the same day you do.
- Come join our team!
176 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.