Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 3094232786
AECOM is seeking a Boiler Plant Operator (BPO) IV for a pharmaceutical complex in Groton, CT. This position works a rotating schedule that provides 24/7 coverage.
This facility maintenance technician provides care and advanced troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of the central power plant equipment and facilities. Equipment includes, but is not limited to: feed water systems, industrial chillers and related controls systems, and associated distributed utilities.
- Demonstrates competencies in raw water, softener, treated water, condensate, boilers, turbine generators, combustion gas turbine, air systems, boiler water chemistries, cooling towers, and chillwater maintenance and operation functions.
- Executes and ensures compliance with safety programs related to the boiler plant.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of client safety procedures related to the boiler plant.
- Understands and troubleshoots mechanical equipment through visual inspections, control system readings, gauges and instruments.
- Understands and complies with all Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H) programs and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex problems, and provide solutions to plant problems.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience as a facility maintenance mechanic in an industrial or manufacturing environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current EPA Universal CFC certification, or the ability obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Current Connecticut OE2 license, or the ability to obtain within 3 years of employment.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent trade school diploma in industrial electrical, mechanical, HVAC, or a related skilled trade.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, specifications, drawings, and schematic diagrams.
- Experience working with heavy industrial or manufacturing plant steam systems, centrifugal chillers, air handling units, cooling towers, air compressors, air dryers, heat exchangers, exhaust systems, pneumatic controls, and building automation control systems.
- Experience with the following equipment: feed water systems, water softener, condensate systems, natural gas and fuel oil fired steam boilers, turbine, air compressors and chemical water treatment.
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS); EAMS experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Experience interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Current Connecticut S1, S2, D1, D2 or OE2 license.
Within AECOM, our business group focuses on facility and production maintenance services.
• We provide facilities maintenance and management services for our clients’ industrial, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and commercial sites worldwide.
• We run our own crews of utility/power plant technicians, industrial electricians, maintenance mechanics, industrial HVAC techs, Instrumentation & Controls techs, CNC field service techs, etc. inside our customers facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
• These are full-time, permanent positions with AECOM that offer our standard benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off, a 401k plan with company match, employee discounts, and much more – and your benefits start the same day you do.
• Come join our team!
187 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.