Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29801
EGS Inc. is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide support to Savanah River Site in Aiken SC. This is a long term contract position with great hours. 4 10 hour days. Due to performance being at a Federal Government Facility, U.S. Citizenship is required. Hurry and send your resume to Shirley@egs-partners.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call Shirley Swanson at 803-648-1400 or Tom Duncan at 303-477-6800 so you don’t miss out on this great opportunity! The job closes on Thursday, July 12, 2018.
Position: Nurse Practitioner
U.S Citizen: Yes
Duties include but are not limited to:
Provides routine and emergency care of all employees (SRNS, SRR, DOE, Centerra), visitors and subcontractors under the general supervision of the Medical Director and in accordance with physician's approved protocols. Activities include, but are not limited to:
1. Practitioner: Evaluate and treat occupational illnesses and injuries. Perform physical examinations for surveillance programs. On-call resource and support for clinic staff. Collaborate with management, Legal, HR and other groups. Order radiologic and laboratory studies as needed. Assess, diagnose and determine appropriate medical treatment.
2. Educator: Assess patient and provide referral options for continuing health care needs. Provide instruction on self-care to improve patient outcome.
3. Consultant: Coordinate/integrate delivery of health services with other team providers (i.e., case management, physicians, safety, HR, line management) to deliver optimal patient care. Collaborate with employee, management, and safety on fitness for duty issues.
4. Researcher: Participate in the quality monitoring and performance improvement and outcomes of the Site Occupational Health Program. Provide patient/employee education and counseling.
5. Recommend medical and health policies and preventative measures for eliminating or minimizing industrial injuries and diseases.
6. Counsel patients under medical treatment programs in order to assess their health progress; identify reoccurring problem areas; establish written and verbal treatment plans to solve specific problem areas; evaluate compliance with the treatment program and modify the treatment program based on the response to treatment.
7. Interview patients prior to examinations to obtain a variety of information including medical history and background; determine the type of care or community service the patient will need; observe patients for signs of intoxication or possible use of illegal drugs; document observations.
8. Meet with patients in order to discuss and inform them of their laboratory test and exam results; educate patients regarding their illness; make and provide appropriate referrals.
Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
Experience: Must have 3 year’s experience as Nurse Practitioner. Possess thorough knowledge of primary care and demonstrated competency in providing services as a Nurse Practitioner. Experience in orthopedic evaluation and occupational medicine is desired. Skilled in history taking, performing physicals and evaluating illnesses and injuries. Demonstrate strong customer service interpersonal skills sufficient to interact and explain goals of therapy, and provide instruction and optimize cooperation.
Full time, 40 hours per week. Schedule to be determined to meet clinic demands
An initial clearance is not required.
THE SUBCONTRACTOR IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING VALID AND CURRENT MALPRACTIVE INSURANCE, IN THE AMOUNT OF $1 MILLION PER OCCURRENCE AND COVERING ALL SERVICES RENDERED UNDER THE SUBCONTRACT, IS MAINTAINED FOR THE DURATION OF THE SUBCONTRACT PERFORMANCE PERIOD.
EGS, Inc. is a government contractor that complies with Executive Orders 11246, 13672, 13665, as well as Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended VEVRAA. As such, the term “contractor” will apply to EGS, Inc. as stated below in this policy.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with our organization’s legal duty to furnish information.
145 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.