[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Medical / Pharmaceutical Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Please only apply if in commutable range to Piscataway/New Brunswick, NJ and you meet the qualifications!
Bachelor degree in Sciences (Bio or Chem preferred)
1-3 years of experience in academic lab (biological preferred)
Open to academic experience
Plus: PCR experience. handling biological samples
The lab techs are placing the samples into the liquid handling robot and removing the caps. They will remove the samples at the end of the run and recap them and place into storage. They will also be moving 96 well plates from the liquid handler to the PCR platform and remove them for destruction once the PCR process is finished. There are few other minor tasks but this is the main activity. They need a bachelors degree and some basic wet lab experience. Familiarity with lab automation is a plus.
Laboratory technicians assist with the receiving, labeling, testing and analyzing of samples (blood, tissue, saliva, etc.) in a sterile environment. They assist in the design and execution of laboratory testing according standard procedures, as well as maintain accurate computer records of the process and results. They will be working with human samples that are potentially pathogenic and must follow all safety guidelines.
Lab Technician responsibilities include:
* Receiving, labeling and analyzing samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
* Designing and executing laboratory testing according standard procedures
* Conducting experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals). He/She will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that makes things move forward.
The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
* Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
* Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
* Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
* Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
* Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
* Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.