Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Quad Cities NPS Sta 4
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 61242
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for directing the Radiation Protection Technicians in implementing decontamination, instrumentation, planning and scheduling, procedures, training, radiation exposure control, and rad waste programs in support of Operation and Maintenance activities in the plant. Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory and state requirements. Interfaces with Plant Staff and the regulators on matters related to implementation of the Radiation Protection program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for the daily supervision, monitoring, and coaching of employees to ensure productive work force in compliance with company policies, procedures, MARC principles, and maintaining employee relations in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement or other employee policies.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the functional Radiation Protection program to ensure that work is getting completed in a timely manner and that the nuclear worker's exposure is being maintained ALARA.
- Ensure effective communication of company programs, announcements, policies, etc. to assigned employees and feedback to the company from assigned employees.
- Assist in the development of budgets, business plans and projects.
- High school degree required
- Minimum of 6 years experience in radiation protection at a nuclear reactor facility (ANSI 18. 1)
- Successful completion of core supervisory/management training and development programs
- Must have demonstrated written and oral communicative skills
- Must be capable of performing critical reviews and giving critical feedback to improve performance
- Must have demonstrated ability to work closely with all levels of plant and company personnel
- Basic computer skills
- Successful completion of the NRRPT certification
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Health Physics or related discipline
- Performs job observations in the field to help determine strengths and weaknesses. Uses this data to request training to better equip the Radiation Protection Technicians to combat daily and outage activities.
- Reinforces high standards to the RP Technicians to ensure that work is accomplished safely and efficiently.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
298 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.