Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Location: Kilona, LA
Duration: 4-10-17 to 6-9-17
Per diem at $140 a day -7 days
Mob/demob: $500 each way
IST Program Engineer roles and responsibilities - EN-DC-332:
1. Providing technical support, guidance, resolution of discrepancies, and administration of the IST program.
2. Coordinating the resolution of plant specific technical issues related to the IST program.
3. Review and approval of program documents to control the IST program, including:
4. Maintaining site IST program administrative procedure(s) (e.g., development of stroke times and reference values records).
a. Developing, processing, approving, and issuing changes to the IST Plan, IST Bases Document, and IST Cross-Reference Document (e.g., cross
b. reference of IST Plan specified testing to testing procedures, Program Section No. CEP-IST-3).
c. Reviewing post modification test procedures.
d. Reviewing revised or new IST test procedures.
5. Ensuring appropriate testing methodology is applied at the site.
6. Performing a review of engineering changes, work orders, or modifications that have been identified as having possible IST program impact.
7. Approving changes for incorporation of engineering changes, work orders, and modifications into the IST program.
8. Developing augmented testing changes.
9. Developing site specific relief requests.
10. Primary responsibility for development of site response to NRC RAIís and NRC comments on the IST Plan.
11. Ensuring a list for scheduled / forced outage IST is developed (e.g., Cold Shutdown tests).
12. Developing Cold Shutdown / Refueling Outage Justifications to meet EN IST standards.
13. Tracking Cold Shutdown testing completion.
14. Ensuring repetitive tasks are developed, when appropriate.
15. Ensuring initiation of increased frequency testing.
16. Performing evaluations to remove components from increased frequency testing.
17. Developing acceptance criteria based on established design basis limits (e.g., minimum pump flow rates, maximum stroke times, and leakage limits).
18. Reviewing post maintenance test data for re-baseline / acceptability of reference values.
19. Ensuring test data is input for trending.
20. Performing test data trending.
21. ANII interface, as applicable (e.g., review of IST test results).
22. Determining additional examinations (e.g., relief valve and check valve group expansion).
23. Determining those Containment Isolation Valves (CIVís) that are to be included in the IST Plan.
(a) Develops and maintains the Site Program Section (see CEP-APJ-001, Attachment 9.1).
(b) Develops program clarifications and interpretations for site specific programmatic issues.
(c) Provides site technical support for programmatic issues.
(d) Reviews ECs (including nuclear changes) for program compliance, when requested.
(e) Approves all test methods.
(f) Develops program related reports, evaluations, and technical documents (e.g., Type A Test report, Refueling Outage report, test result acceptability/rework determinations, etc.).
(g) Notifies Production Department when a component is added or deleted from the Program.
(h) Develops or adjusts leakage rate administrative limits.
(i) Trends component test results.
(j) Establishes or adjusts the testing intervals based on the performance of tested components.
(k) Provides updates for the surveillance test/accounting database.
(l) Provides online and outage schedule inputs.
(m) Provides site technical response to industry or regulatory program issues (e.g., Generic Letters, Information Notices, Regulatory Guides, Operating Experience, etc.).
104 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.