Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
TTS is seeking a Cost Estimator for a 12 month position beginning January 2, 2018 in Oak Ridge, TN.
Cost Estimator Experience and Qualifications:
* Bachelors Degree and 15 years experience
• Must have experience competitively bidding and winning work in a commercial environment. Knowledge of estimating for government projects is a plus, but not required
• Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications, in both 2D and 3D
• Must be able to visualize projects with minimal sketches or renderings.
• Use of estimating software such as Timberline, RS Means, etc.
• Use of software for takeoff calculations, such as Sage, Blue Beam, etc.
• Understanding of project management and work breakdown structures a plus
• Perform development of project scope and cost estimating activities associated with construction projects.
• Prepares project cost estimates based on drawings, specifications, and materials lists, which include architectural, structural, civil, piping, mechanical, and electrical work on new construction or alterations to existing structure.
• Identify labor, materials, equipment, and time requirements for study proposals, design phase and completed certified for construction documents.
• Compute costs by analyzing design effort, labor, materials, equipment, time required, tax, overhead, profit, bond, contingency, etc.
• Visit construction sites to ascertain the actual job conditions and relates that to the post project cost metrics.
• Proactively support the project team on initiatives to drive down cost and/or contingencies
• Develop scopes of work based upon conceptual design guidance and devise methods of accomplishment to support the budget
• Ensure timely completion of estimates.
• Support continuous improvement efforts to better the estimating process
• Responsible for working and communicating with other divisions in a team atmosphere to keep stakeholders informed and projects on target with attention to detail.
• Knowledge of past projects from post project review of actual project cost metrics.
• Maintains a current knowledge of construction industry pricing conditions
• Develop and maintains costing trends with vendors and subcontractors.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results in a timely manner.
This is a one year project in Oak Ridge, TN. Travel/Per Diem is not available for this position.
Interested candidates please send resume in WORD format
TTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
69 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.