Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure a benefit package to best suit your individual and/or family needs. We offer various benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision and disability insurance. We also offer 401(k) benefits with the opportunity to receive a matching contribution up to a maximum of 4% for eligible participants with DAY 1 vesting.
For more information on Edgewater, please visit our website at www.Edgewatertech.net.
Edgewater is looking for two Waste Coordinators for our Customer in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. DOE experience required. No per diem available.
Bachelorís Degree in science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
* Ten years of experience in the field of waste management and/or transportation, including five years at DOE facilities.
* Experience must demonstrate technical competence in managing and shipping hazardous and radioactive waste in compliance with applicable standards and regulations including: DOE Order 435.1, CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, DOT and in accordance with common DOE TSDRF Waste Acceptance Criteria requirements.
Prior Training or Qualifications:
* Technical expert in waste management subject matter area by training and qualifications specified in this position description.
* Extensive knowledge of waste management processes and requirements.
* Advanced knowledge of DOT regulations.
* Comprehensive training and understanding of regulations and standards applicable to waste management and transportation applicable to DOE-EM operations (e.g.; CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, OSHA, DOE Orders, TSDRF Waste Acceptance Criteria).
* Working knowledge of radioactive and lha1.ardous waste characterization and management.
* Excellent management and supervision skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Waste Coordinator (WC) is the technical lead for Waste Programs at their assigned facilities/project and acts as the point of contact for the waste generators
* Coordinates resources with die generator for the management of waste.
* Acts as single point of contact for waste identification/characterization of planned waste.
* identifies discrete waste streams for segregation by waste profile.
* Links the waste stream lo a disposition profile in eMWaste.
* Assists in waste generation forecasting.
* Participates in facility audits and/or walkdowns of WMAs.
* Manages all WM activities within the WMAs.
* Manages CERCLA WMAs.
* Notifies the Facility Manager of planned changes in waste-related operations.
* Obtains concurrence from the Facility Manager for all WMA activities that could affect the authorization basis or adversely affect the functionality of a facility.
* Ensures WM personnel work within W MAs is performed safely, per approved procedures, within the safety documentation envelope, and in accordance with work control processes specified by facility management.
* Notifies both the WGS Manager and the Facility Manager in the event of an incident or emergency.
* Provides day-to-day oversight of assigned WGS Waste Technical Support Specialist (WTSS).
* Ensures Program Waste Certification requirements arc implemented.
* Ensures Waste Certification requirements required by the NNSS arc implemented.
* Ensures Waste Certification requirements (i.e. package contains no anomalous or prohibited items) are implemented.
* Assists or completes and submits the land disposal restriction (LOR) notifications to the Waste Disposition Specialist (VDS).
* Performs self-assessments and routine inspections of WGS activities and facilities.
* Ensures WGS waste management activities are included in the facility plan of the week (POW)/plan of the day (POD) and ensures WGS is represented at the facility POW/POD meetings.
* Reviews work packages for waste generation and WM activities.
* Approves hazardous waste determinations.
* WHEN an inventoried chemical is shipped for disposal. THEN notify the Chemical Services Coordinator.
* Oversees the timely development of generator waste characterization documentation.
* Enables effective coordination/communications regarding program requirements.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via this site. If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
We look forward to hearing from you.
66 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.